Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By blk97supra
#281782 Could some one tell me what r the benefits of a 5 lug conversion? Is it more then just a bigger brake system or wider selection of wheels? Also can I use anything off of my 97 prelude for the conversion?
By teal_dx
#281784 Better brake selection and wider wheel selection are the big reasons.

Perhaps the only drawback is that wheels made with a 4x100 bolt pattern are usually lighter than the same wheel made with a 5 lug pattern. 4x100 cars are lighter so their wheels are often slightly lighter because less material is used/need to support the weight of the vehicle. Plus the weight of an extra lug/stud on each wheel.
By blk97supra
teal_dx wrote:Better brake selection and wider wheel selection are the big reasons.

Perhaps the only drawback is that wheels made with a 4x100 bolt pattern are usually lighter than the same wheel made with a 5 lug pattern. 4x100 cars are lighter so their wheels are often slightly lighter because less material is used/need to support the weight of the vehicle. Plus the weight of an extra lug/stud on each wheel.

Well thank u Teal. My next question is. Can I use anything off of my 97 Prelude for the conversion? Cause I don't wanna spend a lot. Or should I stick with the 4X100 n just get these Rota Grid V 15X8 offet +0? I'm going for this look.

By blk97supra
teal_dx wrote:I'm not sure if you can use anything from the prelude, other than the wheels for a 5 lug swap :?

Lol ok thanks. Well can I get that look in the pic with the 15X8 +0 offset Rota Grid V's? Here's what they look like: Image
By Eg6H2D
blk97supra wrote:
teal_dx wrote:I'm not sure if you can use anything from the prelude, other than the wheels for a 5 lug swap :?

Lol ok thanks. Well can I get that look in the pic with the 15X8 +0 offset Rota Grid V's? Here's what they look like: Image

the ones on the white hatch are different then the Grid's your looking at. but should have a similar look to em.. :thumb:
By asianrob
#281898 You CAN NOT USE anything off the prelude.

as far as doing the 5 lug conversion goes you can use the front brakes off the prelude vtec.
By blk97supra
EG6b20R wrote:
blk97supra wrote:

the ones on the white hatch are different then the Grid's your looking at. but should have a similar look to em.. :thumb:

Thanks yea I know. I just want that look of how they stick out a bit but still has that deep dish look. Plus the ones in the pic r 5 lug n i'm sure bigger then 15's.
By mADmAN
#281932 97 prelude? if its the H22A, then the brakes are basically the same except for the PCD..the rotors are both 282mm (if ur talking about JDM EK9 or JDM '98 spec DC2-R)

i have the BB1 brakes on my eg hatch (with custom caliper brackets and redrilled to PCD4x100)... and when i buy pads.. i ask for EK9 pads....theyre the same so they fit like a glove.

take note that it doesnt clear all 15" wheels.. a friend of mine had to sell off his RPF-1 coz of the wheel design not clearing the calipers...

im on 15x6.5 +40 rota auto x and they clear with about 1-2mm of space