Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By blk92hb
#281199 ok so lately i have been gettin in to drive to work in the morning and the brake pedal would be hard as a brick, as if someone was pumping the brakes.

now when i start up the car it will go back to nomal and its fine when its running. if i stop somewhere like at a gas station, or somewhere were im in and out the pedal wont be hard. its only when its been sitting for awhile.
By EJ1_MK
#281225 Might be the booster going bad, holding all the vacuum in or you could have a caliper that is starting to stick. That time of year that problems start really showing up with the weather changes around here.
By blk92hb
#281244 im kinda think of the booster too. but when driving it fine, its when it sits for more than an hr the pedal will be hard. when i start it up its back to normal
By EJ1_MK
#281245 Got to be something vacuum then. That is my guess.
By asianrob
#281318 check valve might be bad?
By Ajax1989
blk92hb wrote:is that the valve on the vac hose to and from the booster?

yes it is.. take it out and clean it cuz ur gonna have to put ur mouth on it

ok.. so on one side you should be able to blow thur it but not able to suck air

then flip it around and do the same thing.. Just this time you WILL beable to suck but not blow

iirc it keep a vaccum soucre to help with braking
i would have to look thur my old school books
By Ajax1989
blk92hb wrote:right on thanks for the help im going to go do that now

no prob keep us posted :thumb:
By blk92hb
#281328 ok just checked it. but now i think i put it in backwards [smilie=BangHead.gif] but that ok ill find out if its right in an hr becase that how long it takes when it get hard (giggity) :lol:

its kinda weird because its like someone or a gnome is getting in my car just to pump the brakes.
By Ajax1989
blk92hb wrote:ok just checked it. but now i think i put it in backwards [smilie=BangHead.gif] but that ok ill find out if its right in an hr becase that how long it takes when it get hard (giggity) :lol:

its kinda weird because its like someone or a gnome is getting in my car just to pump the brakes.

i should have an arrow on it.. and i should be pointing to the IM

lemme check me car

edit.. yess the arrow points to the IM
By blk92hb
#281332 ok

i just found this

POWER BRAKE BOOSTER FUNCTIONAL TEST
1. Start engine. Turn ignition off. Depress brake pedal several times. Depress pedal firmly and hold pressure for 15 seconds. If pedal sinks, master cylinder, brake line or wheel cylinder is faulty.
2.With pedal depressed, start engine. If pedal sinks slightly, vacuum unit is working properly. If pedal height does not vary, booster or check valve is faulty.

the messed up part according to this my booster is fine. :? :? im lost i cant think of anything else that could cause it.

i shopuld have kept reading :roll:

POWER BRAKE BOOSTER LEAK TEST
1. With engine running, depress brake pedal. Turn ignition off. If pedal height does not change while depressed for 30 seconds, vacuum booster is okay. If pedal rises, vacuum booster is faulty.
2.Stop engine, and depress brake pedal several times using normal pressure. Pedal height should be low when first depressed. On consecutive applications, pedal height should gradually rise. If pedal height does not vary, check power brake booster check valve.

looks like the booster is bad
By blk92hb
#281334 i did get the valve on right. so my next question is can i use the itr booster or would it even make a difference.
By Ajax1989
#281336 are you running bigger brakes?