Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By eg6 Driver
#280400 hey guys. i have some brake related parts from a 1994 civic si hatch. the parts that i have is the si prop valve, master cylinder and brake booster from the same car. my question is can i still use these parts for a gsr front brake conversion?
By Apexracing
#280411 i cant remember if the si hatches have rear disc or not. but you will need the dual diaphragm booster, and the 15/16's master cylinder. those parts are important if you have rear disc already as they push a higher fluid volume which the bigger front brakes and rear discs will need. so i ask does your car have rear disc already? if so what year make and model is it? the integra master cylinder and booster are the same as the civics that came with rear disc, the only difference is the integra has bigger fittings for the brake lines. what proportional valve you use depends on again do you have rear disc already and do you have abs?
By blk92hb
hey guys. i have some brake related parts from a 1994 civic si hatch. the parts that i have is the si prop valve, master cylinder and brake booster from the same car. my question is can i still use these parts for a gsr front brake conversion?

yes you can, and to help you out the gsr front brakes are the same as the abs civics and integra ls.

so you will need the front knuckles, rotors, calibers, and brake lines.
By eg6 Driver
#280436 forgot to add that im using the rear disc brake from the same car where i got my prop valve and master cylinder and brake booster. i didnt get the front because it was damage from a car accident.

thanks for the reply i will be getting gsr front brake.

can i still use my stock front brake line or do i need gsr brake line?
By blk92hb
#280438 the gsr. i think the are either shorter or longer. i haven't gotten that far on mine
By Apexracing
#280439 Get some stainless steel braided brake lines. :thumb:
By eg6 Driver
blk92hb wrote:the gsr. i think the are either shorter or longer. i haven't gotten that far on mine

Apexracing wrote:Get some stainless steel braided brake lines. :thumb:

i will be getting the gsr brake line.

went to do a little inspection and the si master cylinder is 13/16 and the one on my car is 7/8. is the 7/8 still good to use? my bro had the car before i did and he replace the brake booster and master cylinder.
By blk92hb
#280481 yea it will be ok. the bigger master cylinder just have a bigger bore then stock, all in all you can only push the same amount of fluid through the lines.