Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By j.r. rider
#274338 i converted my front and rear brakes..fronts with Integra calipers and rear disc brake conversion...but i kept the same brake cylinder?? Do i have to change it to get better brake pedal? caz its spongy at this time
By j.r. rider
#274364 We did it all.. with the blender machine..even gravity bleed it.. I mean the pedal is there but,jus not like,before... I was reading under DYI someone wrote to change the brake booster to an integra one.. is that true?
By RWMIII
#274366 No. A brake booster will cause a hard pedal. Low pads can cause a spongy feel also. Btw those bleeder machines suck imho. Get a friend and do it the old school way.
By j.r. rider
#274369 Thanks man.. I somehow knew not to do that.. but yeah def ill be doing it the old way on Monday... Pump ..... Hold ...n bleed the air out..
By Civic_HatchSI
#274372 When I did my Integra brake swap, I change out the master, proportioning valve and booster. That is probably your issue.
By j.r. rider
#274375 Did u do that all that at the same time or did u replace it after.. how is ur braking? Damn I wanna do it caz I need good brakes..
By Civic_HatchSI
#274377 I did everything all at once. My brakes are fine. I have Integra up front and SI in the rear.
By neo27ny
RWMIII wrote:Spongy pedal means air in the system. Bleed it out.

I agree, sounds like air in the system, I would bleed it old school by hand.

j.r. rider wrote:i converted my front and rear brakes..fronts with Integra calipers and rear disc brake conversion...but i kept the same brake cylinder?? Do i have to change it to get better brake pedal? caz its spongy at this time

You'll always get air in the lines anytime you open the braking system anywhere. Sometimes it takes awhile to get those stubborn air pockets out of the lines and/or calipers.
By j.r. rider
#274392 Hey thanks guys....ill let you know if it gets better on monday..but i do feel it getting better the more i drive the car....
By EJ1_MK
#275037 Could be the master cylinder starting to go out. Mine did something similar right before I swapped out all the lines and what not and then it blew out the minute I put it on street replaced it re-bled the brakes and sold as a rock now.

Booster will cause extremely hard pedal, check all your soft lines you might have a kink or a small pin hole. Prop valve is one piece that very rarely goes out. it as well as the booster rarely goes out. Might also have a caliper or a wheel cylinder going bad.

What is your brake setup currently, what kind of car what not?
By j.r. rider
#275053 94 eg with front n rear integra disc brake conversion... I think I might jus replace the master caz that shit might be the original... Thanks