Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By Godspeed_eg8
#273208 hello so this is the first thing i ever write on a forum before and so im really new to this lol just thought id throw that out there

but anyways i have a rear si rotor conversion on my eg8 and the ebrake cable is acting up on me and , according to the honda dealer the civic si's here in canada didnt have rotors in the back only drums so i cant get it from the dealer so my question is .. could i use an integra ebrake cable on my eg8 with a civic rotor conversion ?
By asianrob
#273333 they are going to be a little long. i have integra coupe cables and they are a little long.,
By Godspeed_eg8
#273380 by how much will it be longer ? and would the e-brake still work ?
By elrompetoto
#273487 i have a coup and i put the hole 1997 integra brake set on my car they r a lil long and the brakets dont mount up the same they still work but they dont lock ur tires like the drums do, cuz the u cant mount them on the braket so they r kinda lose
By asianrob
elrompetoto wrote:i have a coup and i put the hole 1997 integra brake set on my car they r a lil long and the brakets dont mount up the same they still work but they dont lock ur tires like the drums do, cuz the u cant mount them on the braket so they r kinda lose

X2 pretty much what he just said.

they will hold but not as good as the correct cables.

i always leave my car in gear.
By EG Love
#275046 just to add a little to this thread, the dealer must have been up on something because I live in Canada aswell, and my civic si has rear disc brakes, and is originally from NS, Canada.. don't want any ridiculous information floating around out there. My SI is also stock except for a recent short ram and dynomax muffler