Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By shinigami
#272306 Hello all! I have a 1995 Del Sol Si, and I was wondering if there was any sort of brake upgrade out there short of getting a "big brake" kit. I know on Nissans you can just grab the brakes off of a bigger car and bolt them up (not really that simple). I saw a set of ITR brakes on the local CL, but that's a little too expensive for my taste... I guess what I'm asking is there any plug and play swaps out there to upgrade my stock setup or am I better off getting better rotors and pads??
Thanks-
By EJ1_MK
#272311 Personally upgrading would be the best way, unless you want to really pay for a five lug setup. Just doing rotors and pads and brake lines will greatly improve braking performance. Do you have the the larger rotor setup already? the measure alittle over 10" rotors. That would be the only other thing that I would recommend would finding ex spindles or da, dc2 spindles.
By bks84
#273119 I think the Si's had 10.2'' brakes already.

there are "bolt on" alternatives, just depends on how much you really wanna get into.

for example:

on my integra (90 sedan) i used legend dual piston calipers, 92-96 prelude VTEC rotors (11.2") on the front and 10.2" 02-04 Civic Si rear rotors and 02-04 Civic Si rear caliper bracket along with a 1" Booster/master cylinder from a 00 GSR (I had to redo the brake lines in the engine bar) as well as some Russel SS bradied brake lines.

the only real modifications you have to make are: you have to shave the front caliper bracket down 3/8" on the mating surface and you have to have the rotors redrilled to 4x100 (they're 4x114.3 otherwise) or you can buy a set of 4x100 11" rotors from fastbrakes.com.

I'll just say the brakes over-powered the tires and it got scary.

I plan to do the same setup on my Civic.

If you wish to stick with what you got, a good set of pads and new rotors will work just fine.
By RWMIII
#273167 just getting some decent pads with some Brembo blanks should be more than enough of a brake upgrade. Why spend all the extra cash if you dont need it? :? Unless of course you are making stupid HP numbers and absolutely have the need for bigger brakes.

You would be surprised at the world of difference a good set of pads and rotors can make.
By EJ1_MK
#273329 Yeah the spindles and brake rotors are all the same from 92-00 ex civics, 94-00 tegs and 92-95 si and I believe DA have the same spindles so they all should have 10.2" brakes.

And RWMIII is correct no reason to add anything that you don't need, you really need to look at what your end game with the car is before dropping a ton of money on brake pads and rotors etc.