Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By Ajax1989
familyEGuy23 wrote:
ghskid06 wrote:
familyEGuy23 wrote:So if I get rear disk conversion all I need is different prop valve? No teggy brake booster or master cylinder? Is it possible to use rear disks off a civic with ABS?

The rear discs are the same with or without ABS. Minus the ABS part. If your car doesn't have ABS the rear discs will still function fine. He was referring to the prop valve being different.

thanks I'm looking around for rear disc swap now :thumb:

yea u dont need all that teggy crap
just a 40/40 valve

and u can run DA rear brakes.
By Gustavo
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
familyEGuy23 wrote:
ghskid06 wrote:
familyEGuy23 wrote:So if I get rear disk conversion all I need is different prop valve? No teggy brake booster or master cylinder? Is it possible to use rear disks off a civic with ABS?

The rear discs are the same with or without ABS. Minus the ABS part. If your car doesn't have ABS the rear discs will still function fine. He was referring to the prop valve being different.

just a 40/40 valve

Don't mean 2 change subject/ thread jack but wat years of Acuras can we use the rear disk setup that will bolt right up 2 our eg hatch?
By Eg6H2D
Gustavo wrote:
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
familyEGuy23 wrote:
ghskid06 wrote:

just a 40/40 valve

Don't mean 2 change subject/ thread jack but wat years of Acuras can we use the rear disk setup that will bolt right up 2 our eg hatch?

DC2 (94-01)
By roy93
#286828 found a 40/40 BUT......still no good. it has 2 in and 2 out. i have 2 in and 4 out. which is no good for me!!!!! wtf do i need to doooooooo lol!!!
By Ajax1989
#286832 DA and DC rear will fit
By EJ1_MK
roy93 wrote:found a 40/40 BUT......still no good. it has 2 in and 2 out. i have 2 in and 4 out. which is no good for me!!!!! wtf do i need to doooooooo lol!!!

A 40/40 should be two in from the master and 4 out. And you can run the 92-95 civic ex prop valve its a 30/30 and won't change much with the 40/40 on the dx I would definitely put it in. Whats the 40/40 that you got look like?
By Apexracing
#286864 Running the teg booster and master is highly reccomended. When i did my swap, the brakes were slow and mushy, you need the proper master and booster to push the extra fluid. Trust me do it right the first time. If you grabbed a proportional valve from a abs car then it will not work on a non abs car. If you had any questions let me know.
By roy93
#287222 ok just reread all the info provided here. i looked at my prop valve and it says 30/30. some one on here said there isn't much difference between it and the 40/40, how true is this and what should i expect from it? cause it brakes like crap. is there an adjustment on the brake itself? also how much improvement should i see from steel braided lines?
By Apexracing
#287242 Braided lines will stiffen up your pedal quite a bit. I ran a 30/30 with my brake swap and it was fine. I do highly reccomend the teg master and booster.
By roy93
#287260 will a gsr booster and master with abs work?
By Apexracing
#287269 As far as i know yes. There isnt a difference
By EJ1_MK
roy93 wrote:will a gsr booster and master with abs work?

Yes it will, the ABS tends to do some of the work So you might not notice the any difference.

If you have ABS and swap to rear disk you really don't need to change anything besides the rear brake lines which you would do with the swap anyway due to the ABS module under the hood takes care of all the Proportioning valves job. You will notice that and ABS car has a strange looking straight thru looking valve to just break the flow up to the ABS module which is a large unit with ORANGE connections to it under the hood some times it is in the passenger side right behind the head light and others are back by the battery on top of the sub frame.

If you do not have ABS you will want to look at either going to a EX, or Integra booster and master because it is larger than the VX, CV, DX masters. After that putting in a 40/40 and from there it should be good and is up to your preference on brake lines and rotors and pads, etc.
By roy93
#287488 cool thanks
By hondafreak95
#290300 I have a 95 honda civic EX coupe, do i need to change the master cylinder and booster to the teg one? or can i keep the ones i have in there? the rear disc conversion i am buying is another civic like mine but it has ABS does that matter? and do i need another prop valve?
By EJ1_MK
hondafreak95 wrote:I have a 95 honda civic EX coupe, do i need to change the master cylinder and booster to the teg one? or can i keep the ones i have in there? the rear disc conversion i am buying is another civic like mine but it has ABS does that matter? and do i need another prop valve?

No you do not need to change anything beside the rear brake lines and the e-brake cables that is it you can change the prop valve to a 40/40 90-93 teg one they look the same as the civic but the civic should be a 30/30 you can see it on the 4 out side. Other than that the booster is the same as an integra and the EX runs a 7/8" MC and is prefect for the swap. I ran with the 30/30 and had no problems with the rear disk.