Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By roy93
#259150 ok, i there is a lot of people out there either wanting to or that have done the rear disk swap. its really easy if you have a jack and a few sockets and wrenches. BUT, what are the things that need to be done along with just slinging on disks in the back. such as new bushings? if so which ones? if the pads look good, trash or use? then comes the master cylinder, do i need the one off the integra or can i use mine? what about the equalizer, how in the hell does it go in? under my hood there are hard lines going to a piece that is somewhat similar but with more ports. do i simply need to replace it or what? maybe a sticky is in order?.....
By roy93
#259162 i have two a 93 DX hatch and a 95 EX coupe. both swaps came from a 94-01 integra.
By roy93
#259168 ok read the post you gave me and i did all that. what i really need is the stuff under the hood like the equalizer and mastercylinder stuff. the equalizer i got with my hatch swap looks nothing like the stock stuff
By kingjmack
#259177 I've got the rear disc's from a 93 integra on my 94 coupe. I didn't change the master cylinder or prop valve and I've had ZERO problems with the rears locking up.
By Ajax1989
#259184 all you need under the hood is the prop valve
when a car comes with rear disc(w/o abs) you to have take the 40/40 valve off the teggy or whatever it may be and use it on ur civic

u can use it witout it but then the rear disc conv. was pointless
the valve regulates where the braking pressure is gonna be.

like on civics there 60/40 stock(iirc) so that mean 60% of ur braking is in the front and 40% is sent to the rear drums.

now the point of doing rear brakes are to stop faster am i correct??

puttin rear disc with a 60/40 does nothing more to ur braking then when u had drums, u just did the conv. for look at this time.. so get the 40/40 off teggys, civic's wit rear dics(w/o abs), cuz then the braking is evenly disperased(spell check) and your rear disc actually do something..
By roy93
#259189 Exactly what I want BUT, the prop valve that I got with my swap looks nothing like the one on the car now. Do I need to hunt one just like mine off a civic with rear disks w/o abs? Or can I adapt the one I have to work?
By Ajax1989
#259190 post pics?

the 40/40 should look just like the stock 60/40 one
(notice it says 40/40 really small, thats how u tell if its a 60/40, 40/40)

it should look like this
the black bracket might be diff, like my 40/40 is of a 91 da teggy so the bracket doesnt line up

and the abs ones look like this
By roy93
#259195 II will post a pic when I get home of the one I have. It doesn't look like the one you posted. It is flat. The one that is on the car now looks the same but has 2 inlets and 4 outlets
By Ajax1989
#259197 if it has 2 in and 2 out, then its the wrong one

if it has 2 in and 4 out and it has 40/40 stamped on it then it is the correnct one
By roy93
#259211 these are what i have if it is not what i need then that is actually a relief because i didnt know how i was going to accomplish the install. thanks for the info

ImageImage
By josh93coupe
#259217 Wait, so if a 60/40 is 60% front 40 % rear... With a 40/40 would you have 20% of un used breaking power.
By roy93
#259370 thanks for the help but i would love to see a FULL sticky
By Ajax1989
josh93coupe wrote:Wait, so if a 60/40 is 60% front 40 % rear... With a 40/40 would you have 20% of un used breaking power.

the fronts will always do more braking then the rear no matter what
prop valve or if you got drums or disc

the 40/40 puts more to the rear, but the fronts still do more
and its more like 80% 20% for drums, the 60/40 is just what they use number wise, im sure there is a reason i just dont know them
By familyEGuy23
#259389 So if I get rear disk conversion all I need is different prop valve? No teggy brake booster or master cylinder? Is it possible to use rear disks off a civic with ABS?