Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By Graham
#28024 Ahh i see - but thats what im getting.... :lol:

Im getting all the brakes and hubs and trailing arms and everything off this del sol :lol:
By Gorveatt
Graham wrote:Ahh i see - but thats what im getting.... :lol:

Im getting all the brakes and hubs and trailing arms and everything off this del sol :lol:

Werd then you're good to go :thumb:
By Graham
#28027 Cool 8)

Well going to pick them all up on friday now so ill take loads of pictures and folk can tell me if im missing anything :lol:
By vtec_gloucester
#28076 ^^^ your right, 98 spec ITR's have 282mm's :thumb:
By LowTEC-Derbo
vtec_gloucester wrote:^^^ your right, 98 spec ITR's have 282mm's :thumb:

:thumb:

From the looks of what you are telling us, you will probably have everything. Just make sure the wheel bearings are good on all 4 ends before slapping them in. last thing you want to do is get wheel bearing fix on the car. :thumbdown:
By Gorveatt
LowTEC-Derbo wrote:

From the looks of what you are telling us, you will probably have everything. Just make sure the wheel bearings are good on all 4 ends before slapping them in. last thing you want to do is get wheel bearing fix on the car. :thumbdown:

+a billion, bad bearing ftl, i've had to replace both front ones, and need to replace a rear one soon :thumbdown:
By LowTEC-Derbo
Gorveatt wrote:
LowTEC-Derbo wrote:

+a billion, bad bearing ftl, i've had to replace both front ones, and need to replace a rear one soon :thumbdown:

rears are alot easier as it just the entire hub and you can do it yourself. The fronts were hard with the stupid press. Unless you got access to one..
By Gorveatt
#28136 < Has access to a full shop
By Graham
#28854 Right time to update this :P

Ive picked up all the parts and theyre in awesome condition, all the bushes look to be good, but is there any way of checking the condition of the wheel bearings before i put them on the car?

Im on the lookout for an ITR master cylinder, but will i need the ITR prop valve aswell? Or should i look for an sir one, or even keep mine?

Just need to get hold of a handbrake cable then i should have everything... on that note, how do you get one off the car :lol:

I know theres one in the scrappys near me, its a JDM del sol aswell so will definetaly be what i need, but i dont know how to get it off the car :lol:

Thanks for your help so far everyone :thumb:
By Graham
#31009 Was just out doing a bit more work, need to get this cover off though, but i dont know how its attached :?

Ive undone the 3 10mm bolts and freed up the end next to the petrol tank, but its not budging after that :?

Its the black plastic cover, sorry for the bad photo

Also, how do you get the handbrake cable off? I need a new one but dont even know how they come off :?
By suspendedHatch
#31042 Use a 15/16th master cylinder from a 91 Civic EX. A bigger MC doesn't give you better braking. It only effects the feel of the pedal.

Prop valve is matched to the brakes/chassis, not the MC. If you're changing all four brakes, get the prop valve from the donor vehicle. I was disappointed with the proportioning even then, so now I always just get a Wilwood adjustable proportioning valve (knob style, not the switch style). I'm on my third vehicle with the adjustable proportioning. You can get so much more braking when you optimize the proportioning. You want the fronts to lock up just a brief instant before the rear. You can tune them on some gravel. You'll have to T the front brake lines together and put the prop valve on the rears.

Don't get the rotors with the holes in them. You can get the rotors with grooves in them if you want. They constantly scrape a layer off the pad to keep them fresh. Anything claims beyond that is just BS. I personally stick to solid Brembos.

Super blue ATE or the gold colored equivalent is the best brake fluid to use.
By asianrob
suspendedHatch wrote:Use a 15/16th master cylinder from a 91 Civic EX.

wouldnt that be a different master cylinder tho? wouldnt it be better to use one from an 94+ integra RS, mostly being that i know it'll fit EG cars and it doesnt have ABS as for the older models i dunno if it will fit on the newer hydro cars... you know?
By Graham
#31061 I got hold of the master cylinder and prop valve from a UK integra type r, the master cylinder is the 1 inch one

Im not sure if the prop valve from the Integra will fit yet, but it wont be difficult to get hold of an sir one if theres any problems
By asianrob
Graham wrote:I got hold of the master cylinder and prop valve from a UK integra type r, the master cylinder is the 1 inch one

Im not sure if the prop valve from the Integra will fit yet, but it wont be difficult to get hold of an sir one if theres any problems

yea the prop valve should fit if it is NON ABS