Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By Graham
#27869 Hi guys, just had a read of the list of things i need to do a rear disc conversion, but theres a couple of things im unsure of..

Im getting all the parts off a Del Sol Sir, im pretty sure theyre the same as eg parts but can anyone tell me for definite?

Also, in the parts list it mentions a rotor, a brake booster and a proportional valve - what are these :oops:

Im a bit of a n00b with brakes - havent done any work on them yet so this will be a big learning curve!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Graham
Last edited by Graham on Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By asianrob
#27873 you can use 90-01 integra rear disc del sol with rear disc 92-00 civic with rear disc need EBRAKE lines, rear brake likes for disc proportion valve is optional but great etc
By Graham
#27902 Well at least i know its all going to fit :thumb:

Hopefully the handbrake cable will be included, if not it shouldnt be difficult to get hold of

Thanks for clearing that up though :D
By Bouli
#27910 You can do the front brakes as wel. en don't forget to swap your...erm.. master brake cilinder ?? (if spelled correctly...)
By LowTEC-Derbo
#27911 Parts needed:

-Trailing arms
-Rotors
-Calipers
-Caliper Brackets
-Hub Spindle
-Parking Brake cables (for your car) if you are a hatch, an Si or integra brakes will work

Not needed but good reccomendation:
-Upgrade the front brakes to integra size
Stock civic brakes are smaller than the integras unless you have abs and top of the line ex, sir etc. The larger brakes in the front will definitely help. If you do upgrade the front, mastercylinder and prop valve are recommended to be upgraded.
-Upgrade Master Cylinder (if it is 7/8ths, there is no need to, but it is worth it to if you are a 13/16th master cylinder. It is labeled on the side of the metal piston below the reservoir where you fill your brake fluid in. The Civic EG master cylinder upgrade w/o upgrading your brake booster is 15/16th from a 1991 civic ex sedan. Other options that isnt fully bolt in, are 1" integra master cylinders from type R.
-Upgrade Brake Booster - Only necessary if you use a non civic master cylinder. An integra master cylinder will only fit an integra brake booster.
-Upgrade Proportioning Valve. all DC non abs boosters will bolt right up. There maybe necessary flaring of brake lines needed.
This is the valve that regulates the pressure and fluid to all 4 corners of the system. A drum proportioning valve is different from a 4 wheel disc system. While it is not necessary to upgrade this piece for regular driving, it is is a good recommendations since you are actually handicapping the system. The proportioning valve you are looking for comes from 4wheel disc brake Civics. The valve has a stamp 4040 on it. It can come from Integra RS non abs also.
-Brake lines
This is entirely optional but seeing that these cars are over a decade old, it might be a good idea to replace those old rubber brake lines with stainless steel brake lines while everything is out. Make sure to buy a set of brake lines that is for a 4 wheel disc brake model of your car. Popular companies like Techna-fit, Earls, Goodridge make them for our cars.

hope this helps!
By vtec_gloucester
#27922 some great info there ^^^ :thumb:
By BAXTER_EJ1
#27923 lmfao, with your sig I thought you were repping your own post, then realized you're two different people :P

Someday when I get more than 102bhp I'm def. gonna come searching for this thread again :thumb:
By Gorveatt
#27925 Well since you will be bleeding the brakes you may as well throw in some Stainless braided brake lines :thumb:
By Graham
#27938 Yeah i need new brake lines and stuff anyway which is what kickstarted doing the swap, going to have to replace anyway so might aswell upgrade :thumb:

Right im pretty sure im getting everything that on the list above so thats good, other than the master cylinder, but the plan was to get a dc2 one anyway

Id like to get 282mm front discs but atm the 262mm will be more than adequate so ill rock them for a while

Expect this thread to get filled with n00b pictures titled "whats this?" :lol:

Thanks very much for your help though guys :D
By Graham
#27939 I forgot to say in the original post that im getting the hubs and brakes from the front of the sir too :woot:
By LowTEC-Derbo
#27941 I didnt know they were 282mm in the front..

Integras here are 262mm :(

I have 262mm crossdrilled brembo rotors in the front.

Also optional:

Replacing rotors
Replacing Brake Pads

and some nice brake fluid.
By Graham
#27945 Yeah 96 spec dc2s are 262mm discs, like the sir ones im getting

But 98 spec dc2s are 282mm so i believe...

But the 262s will be a big step up anyway so ill keep them until my extra go arrives :wink:
By Greasedmonkey
#27952 All the tegs here have the same size brakes...94+

10.3" i believe. Ive upgraded to these on the fronts as mine were 9.5"
By LowTEC-Derbo
Greasedmonkey wrote:All the tegs here have the same size brakes...94+

10.3" i believe. Ive upgraded to these on the fronts as mine were 9.5"

yea 10.2 is 262mm.

All EX, SI have 10.3inch rotors. Differences in calipers though.. I had a hard time finding the correct brake pads for my 93 EX coupe before.

yea the 11inch rotors are for the ITR. i never knew any 4x100 282mm ones.
By Graham
#27954 Im getting confused with you guys inch's :lol:

I may be talking rubbish but i was sure that 98 spec integras had 282mm brakes....

Ill try and find out :thumb: