Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By suspendedHatch
#31042 Use a 15/16th master cylinder from a 91 Civic EX. A bigger MC doesn't give you better braking. It only effects the feel of the pedal.

Prop valve is matched to the brakes/chassis, not the MC. If you're changing all four brakes, get the prop valve from the donor vehicle. I was disappointed with the proportioning even then, so now I always just get a Wilwood adjustable proportioning valve (knob style, not the switch style). I'm on my third vehicle with the adjustable proportioning. You can get so much more braking when you optimize the proportioning. You want the fronts to lock up just a brief instant before the rear. You can tune them on some gravel. You'll have to T the front brake lines together and put the prop valve on the rears.

Don't get the rotors with the holes in them. You can get the rotors with grooves in them if you want. They constantly scrape a layer off the pad to keep them fresh. Anything claims beyond that is just BS. I personally stick to solid Brembos.

Super blue ATE or the gold colored equivalent is the best brake fluid to use.
By asianrob
suspendedHatch wrote:Use a 15/16th master cylinder from a 91 Civic EX.

wouldnt that be a different master cylinder tho? wouldnt it be better to use one from an 94+ integra RS, mostly being that i know it'll fit EG cars and it doesnt have ABS as for the older models i dunno if it will fit on the newer hydro cars... you know?
By Graham
#31061 I got hold of the master cylinder and prop valve from a UK integra type r, the master cylinder is the 1 inch one

Im not sure if the prop valve from the Integra will fit yet, but it wont be difficult to get hold of an sir one if theres any problems
By asianrob
Graham wrote:I got hold of the master cylinder and prop valve from a UK integra type r, the master cylinder is the 1 inch one

Im not sure if the prop valve from the Integra will fit yet, but it wont be difficult to get hold of an sir one if theres any problems

yea the prop valve should fit if it is NON ABS