Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By lip_vtec
#27049 yer so i came to paint my calipers today took my aloys off as normal and noticed when i cum to put it back on that one of the studs is only half the length it should be looks like its been hacksawed off at sum point before and theres no sign of the other half so i need to get a new stud as im running it on 3 lol now question time: a) can i get just a stud or is it a new hub? b)how do i fit them either way? any help would be great cheers
By asianrob
#27057 you can get a new stud at any Automotive store but you have to get it PRessed on
By lip_vtec
#27061 ok so not sumthin i can do myself then? would it be easier to just change the hub?
By Greasedmonkey
#27065 to replace the stud on the front you have to press out the hub and bearing and then press in the stud. (easy part) Then press the bearing and hub back into the spindle. I did it for a friend before a autox one time. its not easy or cheap.
By LowTEC-Derbo
#27071 at this point, it might be a good idea to look into replacing your wheel bearing too since you are paying for the pressing. This is not cheap. :(
By chnzgoofball
LowTEC-Derbo wrote:at this point, it might be a good idea to look into replacing your wheel bearing too since you are paying for the pressing. This is not cheap. :(

id say if u havent done so upgrade to gsr brakes or if u have the money 5 lug!! :woot:
By teal_dx
#27109 yeah the front is gonna be a bitch, the rear on the otherhand is easy. You need an axle socket (32mm I believe) and you can remove the entire hub assembly. don;t have to have anything pressed by machine
By lip_vtec
#27115 ok then well thats another sting in the tail im not exactly flush at the minute and with insuracne being just around the corner ide say im in trouble lol
By fresh eh2*
#27118 My friend and i replaced his stud on his EK coupe and it wasnt too bad....just hammerd it out...got the new one, grinded down on the head so it would fit behind the hub, hammer it in to secure it make sure it was inside and thats it. its been fine since we replaced it.
By lip_vtec
#27123 cheers guys im gunna get a die nut on it and see if i can tap it because theres enough thread there to hold the nut on fine for now just until i can get it sorted properly and it aint gunna hurt to wreck the stud anyway just to try it so well see how it goes