Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By EJ1STYLEN
#246452 whats up guys!! i dont know if all the eg brake pedal are like this. but eversince i bought my eg the brake pedal felt mushy, so i was at work one day thought to look at the brake's to see if i need brakes. the fronts are ok and the rear shoes were kinda low and one of the wheel cylinder was leaking, so i thought that would make the brake pedal mushy. so i went ahead and called one of our local parts store and got 2 new wheel cylinder and shoes. when everything was said and done it still feel mushy. bleed the rear twice to make sure there were no AIR on the line. could it be my master cylinder? there's no sign of air in the master cylinder...so any help would be nice...
By 94EJ2
#246453 my pedals kinda mushy but i have a leak in my caliper and i couldnt get my rear bleaders open so i cant really say anything
By blk92hb
#246454 check under the dash and look at the pedal assembly to see if its leaking into the car its self.
By EJ1STYLEN
#246484 no its dry...idk what could the problem be, its starting to annoy me because when i brake right away i have to smash on the damn thing. and the brake pedal almost goes all the way down...
By ExCoupe94
#246488 ive ran into this... double check that your master cylinder isnt leaking down the booster stripped black paint is a dead giveaway.
other than that, bleed it again and maybe even one more time.
make sure you start with the furthest caliper and work your way back to the closest caliper to the master cylinder so rear passenger, rear driver,front passenger, and then front driver.
By EJ1STYLEN
#246629 so i looked again under my MC behind the firewall and it looked dry. but theres a black foamy looking thingy...so i dont know if i take that out and see...ive been bleeding the whole system almost everyday..haha we have a machine at work that does the flushing...haha
By dbrooks
#247284 my brake pedal felt like that because my brake booster was shot. i made a DIY for it too!
By EJ1STYLEN
#247289 i was wondering what best MC i can upgrade to? anybody got suggestion?
By dbrooks
#247299 i would just stick with the stock one, or some random aftermarket one from an autoparts store. if you go the aftermarket route, make sure they have a lifetime warranty! :thumb:
By 94EJ2
#247340 or if you dont mind stiff brakes with alot of feedback you can go the lightweight way and get rid of the booster all together links to different ones ive found

http://downstarinc.com/Shop/index.php?a ... oductId=51

http://www.rywire.com/catalog/product_i ... 9834e61e06
By dbrooks
#247744 ^^^ i rode around with non power brakes for 30 mins and wanted to kill myself. it sucked dick.