Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By EJ1STYLEN
#242131 hey guys can you post a link or how to change rear drum shoes and wheel cyl. on our eg drums. i need to change my wheel cyl. and all the brake fluid got on to the shoes. because my brake pedal is very soft and mussy, i bleed the brake system already and its still mussy. i thought there was air in the line thats why i bleed the system. but its still soft and mussy, so im guessing its the wheel cyl. causing the soft pedal because of it leaking. but any how you guys can chime in your opion and how to change the rear drum shoes and wheel cyl.
By Jayryan
#242143 no dont think so but im doing that right now so ill put one up if i can
By EJ1STYLEN
#242159 Please make a DIY w/ pictures too please...I need to change mine asap!!
By dbrooks
#242296 I think the best idea for ASAP would to go get a Haynes or Chiltons manual. They're $25 and cover every single thing you could take apart on that car.
By EJ1STYLEN
#242319 Yeah its either hard to find one locally and the next thing is to order online which will take like 4-5 bussiness days...
By dbrooks
#242410 Do you have an AutoZone or anything like that close?
By ghskid06
#242411 they arent so bad to change. Just take a picture of the inside of the drum after you take the cover off. Youll find two shoes and a spring. Pop the spring off and then replace the shoes. Then stick the spring back on (youll need pliers for the spring).
By cjw_89
ghskid06 wrote:they arent so bad to change. Just take a picture of the inside of the drum after you take the cover off. Youll find two shoes and a spring. Pop the spring off and then replace the shoes. Then stick the spring back on (youll need pliers for the spring).

Loving how you put that in brackets. Those springs can be a pita!!!! Make sure you get the right spring kit. Hatches are different and some auto parts stores will give them to you not knowing the difference.Coupe and sedan are the same im 99% sure.. If you have trouble getting your drum off get two bolts and thread them into your drum and tap the drum with the hammer. Then go from there ;)
By EJ1STYLEN
#242492 Ok i saw videos on youtube on how to change drum brakes and they look fairly easy so im going to change it and just remember how they look...wish me luck guys...
By ghskid06
#242500 good luck :D