Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By gsr4door13
#238847 ok, so ive got a db8 parts car that im pulling everything i need off of. i want to do a full gsr brake swap, but i cant seem to find a full answer to my questions. ive got a 94 eg8 with rear discs, and i need to know what all i need to pull off the parts car to make everything work. i already know about the obvious parts, ie calipers, rotors, m/c and booster, and i know i need new lines for the m/c, but what else do i need to finish the swap?
By cjw_89
#240240 mc and prop valve is NOT needed. 92-95 si egs came stock with 4 discs.Correct me if i am wrong,but yet the car shares the same prop valve and mc as my 94 dx coupe with drums...

Ubolt the strut, lca,uca and front adjusting arm located next to the gas tank straps i have no idea wht you call it.Then unbolt your ebrake cables 2 12 mm and a few under the car that hold them, then brake lines and your done my friend.Watch those arms closest to the gas tank straps them bolts are known to sieze and break.Well everything in newfoundland is.We are surrounded by salt water :x

Hope i helped
By gsr4door13
#240574 well, i knew i didnt need the prop valve, but i dont have a hatch, ive got an lx 4-door. and i thought i needed the mc and booster to match the brakes since they are larger brakes. all i really need to find out is if i need to use the rear arms or if i can just bolt up the calipers and rotors to the stock mounting locations. and also, im not sure if i need the e-brake cables from the gsr or if my stock cables will work. guess ill just have to take a day and mount em up and see what happens lol.