Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By hkspowers
#25936 I am planning on doing a swap for a B16 in my 93 ex coupe this summer. I really want to add ABS if I can. I've had several occasions where my brakes locked up when trying to stop and not even a drastic stop just a semi sudden stop but certainly not screeching halt. Also I would like to add it for insurance price break. So I know ABS was an option for my car but the previous owner did not opt for it, so if it is possible to add it how much am I looking at and what all is involved parts wise. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
By Graham
#26002 Ive not got ABS either but it takes a lot to make my brakes lock up...

Take it you have some good tyres?
By Greasedmonkey
#26035 Adding ABS is a very hard thing to do. you have to redo all the brake lines and add the ABS modulator. its a lot of money.
By asianrob
Greasedmonkey wrote:Adding ABS is a very hard thing to do. you have to redo all the brake lines and add the ABS modulator. its a lot of money.

that and you have to add the sensors on the axles and you have to get rear teg disc brakes that have ABS dail on it and then route the lines for it etc i think i like my car with out ABS
By Greasedmonkey
#26062 I love mine with out ABS.
By hkspowers
Graham wrote:Ive not got ABS either but it takes a lot to make my brakes lock up...

Take it you have some good tyres?

Nope I am afraid that I have a pretty bad tire selection. I bought the car not too long ago from the original owner who happened to be a very old science teacher. The best part about it is that it only has 65 k miles on it, she lived only 2 miles from the school she teaches at, she only used it for work and as a market runner. So the tires are just regular Wall Mart tires. I have some pretty nice things in store for this car. All of my friends and family are telling me to just buy a new car, but I think that even if I put 15 k into this car to basically make it brand new with improvements it would still be cheaper than a new car, out preform a new car, looks better than most of the new bubble cars out now, and it will be something I had a hand in. I am not crazy right?
Thanks for the replies guys. :D
By Graham
#26105 If i had silly money no way would i buy a new car! Stick with the eg!

But defo get some grippy tyres, makes a hell of a difference. Ive got Toyo Proxes which arent even that special, but they grip well under braking, my old 14s had rubbish tyres on them and i used to lock up all the time, not anymore though!
By LowTEC-Derbo
#26130 TIRES made a world of a difference.

I have ES100s 195/50/15 and they don't lock up unless i literally slam on my pedal.

I have upgraded to a 15/16th master cylinder and rear disc brakes.

Also i have crossdrilled front brembo rotors and hawk hps pads.
By chnzgoofball
LowTEC-Derbo wrote:TIRES made a world of a difference.

I have ES100s 195/50/15 and they don't lock up unless i literally slam on my pedal.

I have upgraded to a 15/16th master cylinder and rear disc brakes.

Also i have crossdrilled front brembo rotors and hawk hps pads.

nice! simple setup :thumb:
By hkspowers
#26149 Ahh thanks guys, the replies are very much appreciated. I can't wait to swap out the wheel and tire selection along with many other things. I will definitely keep everyone posted with many pics of the progress. Right now I am focusing on the inside and then I will work my way to the outside and engine. :D
By chnzgoofball
#26204 IMO just upgrade your brake booster to gsr and gsr brakes all around and upgrade your tires
By Greasedmonkey
chnzgoofball wrote:IMO just upgrade your brake booster to gsr and gsr brakes all around and upgrade your tires

screw that...ITR booster and MC>...
By chnzgoofball
Greasedmonkey wrote:
chnzgoofball wrote:IMO just upgrade your brake booster to gsr and gsr brakes all around and upgrade your tires

screw that...ITR booster and MC>...

hahah true but itr are a bit harder to find