Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By vincsk2003
#235344 Currently running on 240mm front brake on my 92 civic.

Is there any way to upgrade my brake system?

Planning for 282mm prelude brake.
Ay advise on this upgrade?
By mADmAN
#235510 prelude brakes? as in BB1? if its BB1 then yeah thats what I have on my EG hatch right now...

if ur planning on running BB1 brakes take note that theyre PCD114.3 whereas the stock EG is PCD100.

ex-owner of my car had the rotors re-drilled to 4xPCD100. it barely clears my 15" Rota Auto X. heres a pic...

clearance is pretty minimal....so minimal that my wheel balancing weights are scrubbing the calipers and some have come off (though not all)... but this i guess depends on the design of the wheel's interior. ex-owner used them with TE-37s with no issues

anyway, its a good upgrade if ur going BB1. mainly since the brake pads are the same as EK9 pads so ur gonna have lots of choices in terms of normal or performance pads.
By vincsk2003
mADmAN wrote:prelude brakes? as in BB1? if its BB1 then yeah thats what I have on my EG hatch right now...

if ur planning on running BB1 brakes take note that theyre PCD114.3 whereas the stock EG is PCD100.

ex-owner of my car had the rotors re-drilled to 4xPCD100. it barely clears my 15" Rota Auto X. heres a pic...

clearance is pretty minimal....so minimal that my wheel balancing weights are scrubbing the calipers and some have come off (though not all)... but this i guess depends on the design of the wheel's interior. ex-owner used them with TE-37s with no issues

anyway, its a good upgrade if ur going BB1. mainly since the brake pads are the same as EK9 pads so ur gonna have lots of choices in terms of normal or performance pads.

EK9 is on 282mm too?
Can I use ek4 knuckle for the prelude calipers?
By mADmAN
#235654 im not sure of the rotor sizes for bb1 or ek9... all i know is that theyre using the same pads...

as for the knuckle, again i dont know.
By Danny_P
#244907 Hey im looking into the same thing. i know in england the Rover MG ZR 160 And MG ZS 180 run 282mm discs and have a PCD of 4 x 100 although the discs are 1mm thicker... BUT they do work!

also theirs the ek9 dc2 (98 Spec only) and the MB6 4 door VTI we have in england but the stud diameters are 4 x 114.3 or 5 lug hubs...

if you want a 282 on 4 x 100 pcd id recomend a hybrid of the lot.. some knuckles from 260mm eg6, eg5, ek4 ect... or better (as the 240mm knuckels dont take the big calipers) what ever 282mm calipers you can get your hands on and what ever 282 rotas and get them drilled or ebay some mg discs...

Im going for 4x100 pcd and going MB6 calipers with civic esi knucles (EG5) and rover MG ZS 180 discs. Cheepest of all 4 vehicles...

Hope this helps