Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By jetlikoki86
#234892 i got a 93 civic si hatchback. my prob is i bleed my brakes like 50 times i got a good stiff pedal before i start the car. when i start the car i got no pedal and everytime i push down the idle changes but goes back down as soon as i let off. so i bleed the lines with the car running and it did nothing. with the car running i disconnected the vacuum hose off the brake booster to the manifold and the pedal stayed stiff and rpms didnt change but, when i drove it the pedal was stiff but did not stop
i already change vacuum twice and used 2 different MC, still no big difference, also change the prop valve, had 30/30, put 40/40, had some leaks, replaced again the prop, now theres no leaks at all, but same thing..

any idea?
By cjw_89
#240362 they say you bleed in a z pattern? Start farthest away being the pass side rear on a lhd car then driver sdie rear then pass side front then closet to the mc...

Did you have a hose hooked to your bleeder shoved down into a bottle of brake fluid so when you haul back your getting all fluid ?

You sure you dont have a pinched line or a leaky caliper ? Or better yet the sliders stuck which will not help when it comes to bleeding your brakes.Every little thing will work against you :thumbdown:

How about your rear pads not adjusted and your caliper is over using itself ? Wish i could be of more help.
By Greasedmonkey
#240375 how did you have a 30/30 valve if you have an Si. You should have the valve for rear disc brakes already.

For the bleeding, start at the Right rear, then left rear, then right front and finally left front.

For the process, it will take two people. one to pump and one to loosen and tighten the bleeder valve. Attach a hose to the valve on one end and put the other into a cup or container of some sort with some fluid in it already, this helps spotting the air bubbles.

Pump the pedal 2-3 times and hold on the last pump, release the bleeder, tighten it, pump again. Repeat this process until no air comes out of the bleeder valve. Then move to the next wheel. You will most likely have to do it a few times. It took me close to 4 hours.