Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By cjw_89
#228848 I have a 93 SI Hatchback eh33 so to speak.It has disc brakes all around but i read up her or somewhere saying 13''s fit? I always thought 92-95 si had integra calipers all around and 13''s wouldnt fit the front.I want to know exactly what i have.Reason being the car was parked quite some time and the sliders are stuck.So to avoid any further confusion i need to know if integra spindles/rotors/calipers fit because i have it all down where my parents live.Seems to me the car dosent have the 40/40 prop.this may turn into a pic request of civic si factory prop valves.Maybe the discs were put on...Im confused as hell and i dont want a squishy pedal.But part of the reason the squishy pedal there is beacuse the pistons are doing all the work and the sliders arent aiding them im thinking.

Forgive the clutter :roll:
By 95c1v1c
#228888 Squishy pedal means leak somewhere. If you don't see leaks at the wheels, check the master cylinder and see if fluid is coming out inbetween the brake booster and master cylinder. If you need to, disassemble the caliper sliders and clean/ lubricate them.
By 93hatcheg
#228889 I have a 93 si and it came stock with rear disks, my brakes are touchy and perfect so I assume it has a 40/40. As fore the front no they do not haw Teggy brakes. Our rotors are like 10" and I believe the tegy are 11.5". My si has Hx Rims on it 14"s and they hit the caliper on my cx that has gsr front brakes. Idk why tour pedal is squishy tho ha sorry
By asianrob
93hatcheg wrote:I have a 93 si and it came stock with rear disks, my brakes are touchy and perfect so I assume it has a 40/40. As fore the front no they do not haw Teggy brakes. Our rotors are like 10" and I believe the tegy are 11.5". My si has Hx Rims on it 14"s and they hit the caliper on my cx that has gsr front brakes. Idk why tour pedal is squishy tho ha sorry

tegs, ex's and Si's are 10.3

13's will only fit the rear on si's and ex's and tegs.

have you bleed the system? check for leaks too.
By cjw_89
#229022 The car has been sitting up for three year.The pedal needs to be pumped sorta when then car is running.But when you pump it twice or thrice:P it is fine.My theory is,3 years of rusty rotors and stuck sliders.The piston has to push out further to compensate for the slider being stuck.There for the pedal will depress more and what not.Anyone think that sounds right ?? :thumb: :thumbdown: I will free up the sliders and try from there.But if you check newfoundlands weather today for marystown,you will see why i cant get handy to doing anything out doors:(
By cjw_89
#229024 Like if its gets pumped twice fast the 3 and 4 right after will be hard but if i was to pump it twice then let off and start again its back to square one.So my car has integra brakes all around? I have wheelbearings calipers galore down home.Thank god.
By asianrob
#229042 they should be stock brakes if it hasnt been messed with

have you checked your brake pads to?
By cjw_89
#229062 i havnt acxtually.The weather here is ridiculous!! I plan on checking them the week.I will snap a few pics of them while im at it.Maybe you guys can give me some clarification as to what i have :D
By Greasedmonkey
#229132 93 Si has the smaller front rotors. They DO NOT have the teg sized rotors UNLESS the car has been swapped, like both of mine, or it has ABS, which a 93 car should not have.

To get the 10.3 brakes you will have to get the teg spindles and calipurs.

13s should fit over the stock brakes, but why would you want to even bother?
By cjw_89
#229411 vxs for cheap.Its better then steelies
By deschlong
Greasedmonkey wrote:93 Si has the smaller front rotors. They DO NOT have the teg sized rotors UNLESS the car has been swapped, like both of mine, or it has ABS, which a 93 car should not have.

Correct.

Though possibly the USDM 94 Si w. ABS had the larger fronts.
By Greasedmonkey
#229598 94 should have had abs, and therefor the bigger rotors. 93 models cars didnt get abs.
By deschlong
#229599 ^ Sort of. There were USDM 94 Si Hatches w/ and w/o ABS. I think w/o was more common.
By asianrob
Greasedmonkey wrote:93 Si has the smaller front rotors. They DO NOT have the teg sized rotors UNLESS the car has been swapped, like both of mine, or it has ABS, which a 93 car should not have.

how is that? my 92 Si had No abs and it had stock 10.3 rotors. car was all original too. i know this for a fact because i put integra rotors on them.
By cjw_89
#229931 ok so the car has integra brakes all around is what you are trying to say?