Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By jred
#224310 hi i was asking around forums for quite awhile now if this setup could be done and behold I've found answers on www.EK9.org
check out the thread "be sure to browse the entire thread">
http://www.ek9.org/forum/brakes/16375-c ... 3-ek9.html

if he could do it to his EK9 then i could do it with my EG9 :thumb:
By Ecc0
#233293 Wow thats a great fined great job.

In theory yes you can do this but as covered in that write up there are some things you'll need to take into account.

First off this was based on 5 lug disc's so you may want go for either a 5 lug conversion at the same time or get custom 4x100 discs made up for this.

Then there is the clearance issue so depending on what wheels your running you may find this a problem.

I would do some measuring of what your running and see if you can fit them in based on the measurements givin on the write up and take it from there.
By kapow
#239726 Base model skylines come in 4 stud

R32GTS
R33GTS
By TrailerTrash
#239734 sounds like it would be fun trying to find pads when you need new ones
By kapow
#239778 Do you guys get R31 skylines in the states?
By gsr4door13
kapow wrote:Do you guys get R31 skylines in the states?

no, we dont. :( we didnt get a skyline til the r-35, which technically isnt a skyline.
By kapow
gsr4door13 wrote:
kapow wrote:Do you guys get R31 skylines in the states?

no, we dont. :( we didnt get a skyline til the r-35, which technically isnt a skyline.

R31 are non turbo so would they be legal at all in the states, do people import them?
By Greasedmonkey
#239827 turbo or not, matters none at all. Its the saftey and emissions of the car that matter.

I have never seen a 4 lug R32 or R33 Skyline. Show me some.
By kapow
Greasedmonkey wrote:turbo or not, matters none at all. Its the saftey and emissions of the car that matter.

Base model with 4 lug wheels, Nissan Skyline R33 GTS with RB25DE engine, slow car to drive. There was a single cam non turbo of these cars which is rare, only a couple hundred are a around
By jred
#240069 about the lug spacing, you dont have to change to 5 lug..jus buy a set of power slot big rotors or jus re-drill the r32's

in my country its a common thing to see a FWD b13 sunny with Skyline brakes and a bunch of other nissan cars even a couple mazda's
all you need is that BRACKET which a machine shop can make,
im planning on doing this setup later on this year, got a bunch of nissan friends to hook me up with sum calipers and rotors from the R32.
it looked real sweet on that EK9 and the cost of this setup is unbeatable compare to other big brakes kits eg. Spoon, Willwood, Brembo,ect.
By Greasedmonkey
kapow wrote:
Greasedmonkey wrote:turbo or not, matters none at all. Its the saftey and emissions of the car that matter.

Base model with 4 lug wheels, Nissan Skyline R33 GTS with RB25DE engine, slow car to drive. There was a single cam non turbo of these cars which is rare, only a couple hundred are a around

Thanks for the info. Never new that existed. Looks like a S14 at the angle kinda.
By kapow
#240354 You guys ever seen one of these?

By jred
#240438 there's a bunch here in trinidad, very LAME skyline.
i guess its for people who's into sports cars but want sumting practical..
or couldn't afford the real deal ( GTR )
By kapow
jred wrote:there's a bunch here in trinidad, very LAME skyline.

I don't think many people can afford a GTR, a modded GTST can still out run a GTR with minimal mods.

I had an R34 sedan, always got looks everywhere I drove. Fast car + extra room!!
By jred
kapow wrote:
jred wrote:there's a bunch here in trinidad, very LAME skyline.

I don't think many people can afford a GTR, a modded GTST can still out run a GTR with minimal mods.

I had an R34 sedan, always got looks everywhere I drove. Fast car + extra room!!
'
yeah i take back the lame part, its still a skyline which is still bad ass and I'd drive it .lol. :thumb: