Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By PopKorn689
#223863 So the lady I live with has a 94 Civic EX Sedan. The thing is haunted by ABS problems and is really annoying me. Now I would like to just delete the ABS and call it a day but unlike with Integras I just can't seem to find a solid answer. Would anyone be able to tell me which hard lines need to be replaced in order to make everything an OEM fit? Do I need to do them ALL or is it just simply switching out a few of the firewall ones? Any help would be appreciated and yes I searched and will continue to search until an answer is found. Thanks for your time guys and gals!
Last edited by PopKorn689 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
By chrono404
#223872 I would highly recommend not removing ABS, its saved my ass multiple times. However if you plan on doing so why not remove the ABS fuse to basically disable it?
By PopKorn689
#223879 ABS is over rated and has caused me nothing but headache in every car I have ever owned with it installed. Whether ABS helps some people or hurts some people is all on how you drive. My personal style reflects non ABS braking that I was taught and I have some friends that prefer ABS. In this instance the pump is rusted and makes a lot of noise and just over all takes up space and doesn't work so if it's not doing anything I would just like to take it out for ease of mind is all.
Last edited by PopKorn689 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
By 95c1v1c
#223894 One thing that will turn abs on is low fluid in the reservoir. Also, driving with the parking brake applied will turn it on. Have you tried the abs troubleshooting section in the civic shop manual from www.hondahookup.com
By 95c1v1c
#223895 I was able to find abs parts at my local junkyard for really cheap, haven't installed them yet cause I will have to do an abs bleed...yes, difficult but satisfying when complete.
By PopKorn689
#223928 Ya not a fan of junkyard brake stuff. Hard line's proportioning valves ok maybe but ABS pump and such things at the yards around here don't look all that great. This lady uses the car for pizza delieveries and getting her kids to and from school so I rather just have an old school normal break set up with out all the extra lines and hoses and mechanics of an ABS system. You got to understand the lady don't have alot to spend on parts and I can't afford to keep driving 100 miles every weekend to hit the pick a part to keep replacing stuff on her dime and it not fix the problem hence why I've come to the conclusion were deleting the whole system would be best to avoid the head ache. She isn't racing the car or curving up the mountains and she doesn't tailgate text or use her phone while driving she is a very old fashion driver so believe me when I say for her ABS is not needed. So I suppose I'll just keep looking myself since no one can help other then say fix the ABS.
Last edited by PopKorn689 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
By 95c1v1c
#223932 Fair enough