Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By dbrooks
#214542 Well I replaced my brake booster and MC about 4 months ago and all was well until yesterday. It felt as my brakes were slightly engaged while I was driving and when I got out, it definitely smelled like something. I know it wasn't my clutch burning up too.

If anyone has ever had this happen before, let me know the best way to troubleshoot.
By teal_dx
#214579 I had this happen, the brakes were dragging because the brake pedal wasn't coming back out far enough. Under the dash in the brake pedal, there's an adjustment piece that you can thread out to allow the brake pedal to depress out further.

To this day I don't know why It happened, but It was also after I had my Master Cylinder and brake booster out of the car.
By dbrooks
#214605 Thanks Teal. I'll be taking it off again and readjusting it. That sounds about the same thing. I'll let you know if it fixes it.
By dbrooks
#214650 Well I adjusted that thing and it seems to be acting right. One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post is that it doesn't do it all the time. It only seems like it does it when my car is fully warmed up. Sometimes my pedal feels softer than normal. I hate brakes :(
By dbrooks
#217696 Alright. Well it's doing it again. Ever when I unhook the clip that holds the pedal to the brake booster. I need some serious help because it's dangerous as hell to drive like this!
By MG6
#217697 could it be your calipers going bad? or is it more like a pedal issue?
By dbrooks
#217698 I thought it was my brake booster before, but it very well could be my calipers. The only thing I don't know about is that is my front calipers and rear drums. It's ridiculous. I just replaced my brake booster, but I might have got a faulty one.
By MG6
#217721 yes, it can be a faulty part. Was it OEM? if it is an aftermarket one, see if they will replace it due to the part wasn't working correctly.
By dbrooks
#217728 I'm going to jump on that Monday. I definitely got that lifeime warranty duuuuude! Hahaha
By alfonso333
#232240 I got the same problem, when i have like 30 minutes driving, the brake pedal gets really hard an the car would not move, until 30 o 40 minutes with the car off.

i really hate this problem, it happend me once!!!!!
By cjw_89
#240363 Sticky sliders. Rear drums can be a bitch. Mine was acting up one day i was spozed to travel over 300 kms to home. It would lock up randomly.Turned out the hold down clip fell off and the shoe was pretty well resting there :roll:
By dbrooks
#242051 Yeah, dude. Brake problems suck to work on if you're away from home. Chances are, they're probably SMOKIN hot after all this locking up. I finally replaced my booster though and it was okay. They just gave me a bad one.