Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By ct126x
#210501 Yesterday my brakes felt like there was no pressure when coming to a stop. It would slowly and gradually sink to the floor. I would have to let go and pump the brakes a little to get brake pressure again. I took it to a nearby shop and they told me it's most likely the master cylinder going out. This morning on my way to work, the brakes felt normal. I live in a city that's usually 55 degrees year-round, but yesterday was almost 90 degrees Fahrenheit. My car was parked outside over night so the whole car itself was cold, now my question is, is it possible for the temperature in the weather affect my brake system? I recently did a brake job: oem blank replacement rotors, hawk pads, and goodridge stainless steel lines. All installed by a reputable shop.
By ct126x
#210503 fluid levels are good. No visible leaks coming from master cylinder or brake lines.
By Benj
#210504 maybe go to the shop that did the work and ask them if they can bleed the system cuz you have spongy brakes?
By ct126x
#210506 They're not spongy anymore. That's why I'm asking if heat can cause brakes to feel soft.
By MG6
#211143 brake fluid also has something to do with it. If they didn't bleed all the old out and just top it off, you might be mixing with old fluid with new. Sounds stupid but do you know what brake fluid is it and what brand.

That is why it is important to stick with the same brand and use the same brake fluid grade.
By ExCoupe94
#211250 keep your hand on that e-brake mang i remember when my master cylinder went out i almost wrecked a couple times :shock: