Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By blk92hb
#209378 Ok i getting ready to do a ls/gsr swap now i know i need the rotors, calipers, and brackets. What i need to know is do i also need the brake lines and e-brake cables.
Last edited by blk92hb on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By asianrob
#209385 as far as swapping them over
you will need

front and rear brake lines (they are longer and the disc brakes are different than drums for the rear)

Ebrake cables from an EX sedan i have integra ebrake cables and tehy are a little long

front knucles (rotor, caliper, spindle)

rear trailing arms(rotor caliper and spindles)

and 14" steelies or something that will fit over the brakes.
By blk92hb
#209450 Why the front knuckles and rear trailing arm. Are the si knuckle and trailing arm not strong enough
By elrompetoto
#209490 Hold on so u puting rear disk brakes on a car that brings them stock ? Well I hope u know all civic and integra rear disk brakes r the same from 88 to 01. As 4 the front I think the ls/gr r bigger then the si eg. And u need the hole spindle complete 2 put the ls/gsr front brakes
By blk92hb
#209523 :roll: no i have rear disk, im upgrading the stock si brakes. that are 240mm front and 238.8mm in the rear. the ls/gsr use 262mm in the front and 238.8 in the rear. so realy all i need is the front brakes but why do i need the knuckle will the ls/gsr brake caiper braket not bolt up the stock si knuckle
By elrompetoto
#212101 I think they don't fit the brake calaper dose not line up just go with the gsr/ls spindles in the front
By asianrob
#212140 oh i though you where rear drums.

as far as swapping into teg brakes i wouldnt waste the time.

they say SI's are smaller then integra's well i have owned an Si i owned an Integra and i have own an LX-ABS(4W discs) the Si's have 10.3 rotors just like the stock integra's and LX with ABS.

and the calipers are the same amongst the Si's tegs and LX ABS.

as far as front Knucles go if you have DX they mount differently from Si/EX.
By blk92hb
#214063 ok well i got the integra front brakes and found out that because my si isnt abs it has smaller rotors than the ls/gsr rotors. but if it was abs then yea it would be a waste of time because they are the same size
By asianrob
blk92hb wrote:ok well i got the integra front brakes and found out that because my si isnt abs it has smaller rotors than the ls/gsr rotors. but if it was abs then yea it would be a waste of time because they are the same size

hmm thats weird my 93 Si that i had didnt have ABS but the rotors where the same as the integra's
By asianrob
blk92hb wrote:yea i thought it was weird to but all well i got bigger brakes now :D

hells yea so do i lol.
full big brake upgrade for me

and soon to be bigger brake upgrade for me ;)
By asianrob
blk92hb wrote:sweet how much more bigger

not too much bigger. maybe adding a lug to each corner i dunno i cant say anything else hahah
By Greasedmonkey
#214194 Ive had two 93 Si's and they have had the smaller rotor size.

The reason you have to get the Knuckle for the swap is because the rotor size is bigger therefor moving the mounting area for the calipur further out. You also get a bigger calipur when doing the swap. I have now done it on both cars I have. It helps when you have the rest of the stuff to support it.
By blk92hb
#214208 oh yea i got it all im just now rebuilding them i dont trust the parts from the junk yard so im putting on new wheel bearings, lower ball joints, and also rebuilding the calipers ill put updated pic on my build page