Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By Treppiede
#208391 Guys,
1993 EG CX Hatch: My front calipers need to be overhauled.

Rather than doing that, I would like to upgrade the front brakes to some beefier OEM brakes that will bolt on and (as much as I love my VX wheels) I need to upgrade to bigger wheels (14" or 15") likely to accommodate the new brakes and to make my life easier when buying tires.

Can you guys please suggest the cleanest and most common brake upgrade? Please let me know exactly what I need (whole knuckle, just caliper and disc... etc) and which models they come from.

Also, what is a good looking, clean 14" or 15" OEM wheel that will fit the bigger brakes? Should I forget OEM, upgrade to 5 lug brakes and get aftermarket?

Please let me know your opinion and what the most common options for my scenario are guys, my 13" tires are going bald and I she's my Daily Driver... I need to start ordering parts NOW.

Thanks in advance!

-Walter
By blk92hb
#208714 you can get a integra ls/gsr brake's for a good factory upgrade and they fit under the stock 14" steel rim. just make sure if you do all 4 corners you use a prop valve from a civic si or ex with rear disk
By BlueVic_8354
#216154 you can use your old brake set and get some good pads then change your HydroVac and master. or you can get those 16cl brakes that came from the higher variant civics and tegs, plus i steel suggest you change the master.