Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By ditoegsaloon
#205599 k guys , my car is eg8 saloon with drum brakes at rear

two or three days ago i changed the front pads. i undo the brake lines, changed the pads, knocked few times the piston so i could put back everything again. first day feel bit spongy so i did bleed the brakes but then im loosing my brake ( probably didnt do it the correct way). found the article how to bleed brake. i followed every steps. i started from rear passenger side but this what i found weird, there is no fluid at all even i pumped the brake pedal. so i skipped that and moved to front. bled as in the article but still no brake at all.

i need to pick my wife n daughter in hospital, impossible without brakes... So anyone please help me, suggestion? did i broke the piston? why no fluids at rear? etc..

cheers.
By breez
#206159 Start by making sure your brake fluid is full and when you changed the brakes did you undo the lines off the strut or did you take the line all the way off the caliper?
By Torch_Ind
#206165 brakes are one thing that if you don't really know what your doing you prob shouldn't be playing with them.

if you did take brake lines off and lost fluid there will be air in it and will cause the no brake fluid.

also running the master dry isn't good and could cause damage to the master.

also if your fluid was really old and really black. bleeding new fluid throw it may cause issues as well.

if you don't know what your doing get someone that knows what to do over to help you or get it to a shop that can do it for you.
By breez
#206171 ^x2 I would definitely ask someone to help. I got myself into a sticky lil situation a couple years back with the brakes not as bad but close . Its always good to have someone there to help and has experienced similar issues and over came them. :thumb: