Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By intheworks
#198146 i have 95 si rear disc on my 92 cx hatch. I replaced rear rotors and pads. One of the rear brakes is "braking" all the time. I cleaned my wheels drove 30 miles or so got home and noticed the rear wheel covered in brake dust (alot more then the others) sparyed some water on it and it was boiling hot. I can feel it when i stop and then let off the brake pedal its still holding on that wheel. Stuck caliper, Or something else
By dawg316
#198148 jack you car up and spin the wheel, if it dosnt move or is hard to move you have a seized caliper, what you can also check is the caliper pins that alow the caliper so slide back and forth. if the inside brake pad is worn more then the outside one, then your sliders need to be re greased with silicone grease. I would first find you old pads to see how the wore down.
also how hard was it compresseing the piston when you did your brakes?
By intheworks
#198151 it was even for the most part. I think i might buy a rebuild kit for only 4$. How hard is it to take apart the caliper (im very good with cars just never rebuilt a caliper)
By dawg316
#198177 to tell you the truth ive done many brake jobs but i have never rebuilt a caliper, if a customer's car comes into the shop with a bad caliper we just replace the caliper. guess labour > part cost.

ask around on this site, or snoope around google. there should be some information on how to do it
By intheworks
#198179 thanks ill keep looking