Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By forcefedEG
#196660 ceramic pads have to get rather warm before they reach there braking efficency... intern that puts alot of heat into your components, depending on how you use your car will determine your needs.... if you auto x or street race alot and have to stop quick and are on and off your brakes alot... id say ceramics mite do ok,

if you just stop and go, or highway daily drive, or just cruise and arent hard on your brakes... id go metalic, even though your stop and go, you still dont get alot of heat in them, because your not stoping from a high speed... imo a high quality semi-metalic pad should serve you well, like the wearever golds or wagner thermoquiets... hope this helps... :thumb:
By dbrooks
#197903 I also heard that drilled and slotted rotors can actually make your stopping power worse. Just read up about everything. Stock isn't always the worst thing for your car :D
By chrono404
#197911 if your racing or doing auto cross/road courses then go with racing brake pads. If you just do daily driving get normal brake pads.

If you live where its wet and want racing pads i would recommend carbotech racing series pads, they stop like mad however in wet weather wont take the paint off warm damp objects(such as your painted rims)
By jayEGR
#198808 thanks guys i already did the conversion to rear disc ...pretty tight but wats fucked up is the my rear disc like around the hub is rusting but i think i know why its cuz its cheap an its from ebay lmao but i got wat i bought but does my civic mean its an si now since i have a d16z6 with rear disc just a ? :eh:
By Mikelly
forcefedEG wrote:ceramic pads have to get rather warm before they reach there braking efficency... intern that puts alot of heat into your components, depending on how you use your car will determine your needs.... if you auto x or street race alot and have to stop quick and are on and off your brakes alot... id say ceramics mite do ok,

if you just stop and go, or highway daily drive, or just cruise and arent hard on your brakes... id go metalic, even though your stop and go, you still dont get alot of heat in them, because your not stoping from a high speed... imo a high quality semi-metalic pad should serve you well, like the wearever golds or wagner thermoquiets... hope this helps... :thumb:

well, try the wagner brake match up with the ceramic pads. I know that the pads does not contain steel wool or fibers that makes the fitting to the brake smoothly with the ceramic-enhanced friction materials and semi-metallic brake linings.