Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By biggnutz123
#194716 So, i have a 92 civic hatch and i cant seem to get constant pedal pressure i have a new break booster and master cylender, i did bench bleed it. Im blead all the breaks and still no pedel. It will get stuff for a min then go soft. Any ideas would be awsome!
By dbrooks
#194718 This happened to me too. Is it usually really hot when this happens? If so, its something called brake fade.
By biggnutz123
#194747 no i cant even get enuf peddle to make it safe to drive!! thats what i dont get??
By dbrooks
#194755 Does it only happen sometimes, or is it an all-the-time thing?
By biggnutz123
#194968 Like it sits in my garage and i cant drive it at all lol!
By CaliEJ2
#195004 are you sure the MC works? check if u have any oil leaking from anywhere. Also did you remember to put the seal back on the MC?
By biggnutz123
#195023 Ya i got the seal back in and i can pump fliud out of all corners but theres just no pedal at all still. and i dont see any signs of leaks or anything? Im at a loss lol.
By eg92si
#199963 Man i have the exact same thing in my sedan lx i changed my mc and booster and i still have a fading pedal
By EricM
#199974 This seems to be a common problem as I have a weak pedal also. I too have recently replaced my MC. How are you bleeding the brakes?
By eg92si
#200077 I just bought a new mc im about to put that in but if the problem persists i got a brake bleeder kit but ive posted in a diff thread about learning how to properly bleed them manually as i havent done so for this sedan. Any tips would be great man
By EricM
#200103 Attach a clear tube to the bleeder screw and drape it into a bottle. Have a friend step on the brakes with a good amount of pressure. Take a bleeder wrench and open the screw. When you open it, the pedal should fall to the floor. Have him hold the pedal there until you close the bleeder screw. You should close it when the fluid no longer comes out of the tube. Be sure to communicate. Have your friend say "applied" when he pushes on the pedal. Open the bleeder. Once fluid stops coming, close the screw, say "Release". Basically do this until you no longer see bubbles in the lines.

Use the sequence RR, LR, RF, LF.
By dawg316
#200108 make shure your drum shoes are properly set up also, then bleed again. if you didnt bench bleed the master that would be a main source of how air got into your system. have fun bleeding
By Binks
#200115 i just redid my whole system on my car because of this same issue.
i went through
3 master cylinders
3 brake boosters
2 proportioning valves
it came out to being my drum cylinders leaking.
i replaced both sides...then put in new shoes/hardware.
tossed on new rotors and pads...bled the system 3 times through..
then my brakes worked perfect.
check your drum cylinders man.