Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By Treppiede
#191842 Guys,
I have 13" VX wheels on my EG CX Hatchback.

Is there any such thing as a brake upgrade that fits inside these wheels? It's time to get new discs and calipers (I wouldn't mind SS lines either) and I would like to get the best setup given the wheel size restriction. If you could recommend any caliper upgrade from another Honda and a nice set of slotted rotors and pads I would really appreciate it.

This car is my daily driver and is bone stock (8v D15 - 67 crank ponies). I will eventually get a swap when this engine goes, but I would like the best setup I can get (within reason) since it's time to do the brakes.

Thanks in advance!

-Walter
By Classiccarsrule85
#191849 id say maybe civic Lx but i think they are the same lol....to be honest there really isnt much out there
By Treppiede
#192888 Thanks guys.

If I were to get a larger wheel, what would be a common OEM brake swap for my hatch?

For example, my 1G Eclipse GSX has brakes from a 3000GT. Direct fit. Any OEM upgrade (read: junkyard) like that for our cars?

Thanks!

-Walter
By asianrob
#192898 a nice and pretty cheap brake up grade would be from an EX/Si civic or integra. buy the whole spindle it should come with spindle, rotors, calipers, for like 50-75 a side. pending your area.
By Treppiede
asianrob wrote:a nice and pretty cheap brake up grade would be from an EX/Si civic or integra.
Thanks man. Is it the same spindle/knuckle assembly across all three cars, or would you recommend any of those three in particular?

Thanks,

-Walter