Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By dbrooks
#189803 Hey y'all. I've been have some trouble with my brakes and I need your help.

Somedays they will work awesome and others they suck. Iff I'm sitting on a hill with my brakes slammed on, I'll slowly roll down. I honestly have no idea what's doing it.

If you know anything, please let me know!

Btw, I don't have any aftermarket brake parts.
By chilango41
#189821 Check the brake pads for sure
check brake fluid too
By dbrooks
#189879 Everything is fine: pads, rotors, etc.... I bought the car like 2 or 3 months ago and it just started happening so that's why I don't think it's air in the system.
By dro21
#189905 it wouldnt hurt to replace pads and bleed the system.
By dbrooks
#189907 true that. Ill probably do that next weekend or something. It gets kind of scary sometimes. Ive had to slowy stop with my e-brake a couple of times! But Im thinking after I get this issue solved about picking up some of those new password jdm rotors. They seems really sweet. Has anyone used them? I wanna know! :D
By dro21
dbrooks wrote:true that. Ill probably do that next weekend or something. It gets kind of scary sometimes. Ive had to slowy stop with my e-brake a couple of times! But Im thinking after I get this issue solved about picking up some of those new password jdm rotors. They seems really sweet. Has anyone used them? I wanna know! :D

the password jdm rotors are okay.....my homie had some on his teg with ebc pads and he liked them :?.......i'd go with powerslot rotors.
By Ajax1989
#189941 this might sound like a stuipd questions,
but whent he brakes go out on you is it hot out side??
how does the brake pedal feel?? does it feel like your steping on a spong?
are you in stop and go traffic??

if so you prob have brake fade
due to the heat

and you more then likey have air in the system
and mositure, the moister will start to boil and your brake will slowly fade out..

but unless your pushin 300+hp, the OEM rotor and pads are fine, unless your doin track nd crap like that, then you should upgrade, just remember that the drilled and slotted rotors take away from the surface area and can make the braking of the car worse.. i herd that just the slotted rotors are good :thumb:
By egsedanguy
#190208 i would say your master is going out. the seal is proly worn. my girls teggy did this were is would work then sometimes it would not work hardly at all. it didnt even really leak but it was alowing air into the lines.
By dbrooks
94_jdm_ferio wrote:this might sound like a stuipd questions,
but whent he brakes go out on you is it hot out side??
how does the brake pedal feel?? does it feel like your steping on a spong?
are you in stop and go traffic??

if so you prob have brake fade
due to the heat

and you more then likey have air in the system
and mositure, the moister will start to boil and your brake will slowly fade out..

but unless your pushin 300+hp, the OEM rotor and pads are fine, unless your doin track nd crap like that, then you should upgrade, just remember that the drilled and slotted rotors take away from the surface area and can make the braking of the car worse.. i herd that just the slotted rotors are good :thumb:

Yeah all those things are in effect when that happens. What do you think would be the best way to fix this? Im going to be so pumped to get this fixed.

I actually got REALLY lucky today because a huge semi pulled out in front of me when I was doing 70+ mph. Lucky, my brakes worked fine.

And egsedanguy, Ill get that looked out too. It usually works more than it doesnt work. But ill definitely check it out.

Thanks! :thumb:
By Apexracing
#190314 probably the master, but what brake setup do you have oem, ex/dx, aftermarket, rear disc swap?
By dbrooks
#191394 I have a 93 lx sedan. Oem brakes all around.
By Apexracing
#191415 i would then check the master, check for fluid around where it seals to the booster, also your rear slave cylinders could be leaking fluid, and bringing air into the system. check them also.
By dbrooks
#191708 everything is checking out fine with the master. as the days are getting hotter here, ive noticed they work less and less. Im really thinking its brake fade. I just got a job at a shop so Im going to have some guys with tons of expirience check it out. But, I plan on upgrading my brake lines soon! We'll see if that helps :D