Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By kamikaza
#189537 how to change brake fluid? i was reading manual, but i didn't find the answer. i know that dot4 is the fluid i need, but how to change it and how many fluid i need? :?
By forcefedEG
#189538 the best way is a pressure bleeder, but there expensive and not practical for everyone to have just to do occasional brake work...

the easiest way for you to do it yourself would be to put it up in the air on stands, take all 4 wheels off and crack all four bleeders and let it graivty bleed out, make sure you catch the fluid in containers and then when the reisvor is empty, refill it with clean fluid and wait for the fluid to run clean out the bleeders, then tightn the bleeders and pump the pedal and double check and bleed all 4 bleeders... this may take some time and you will have to keep an eye on it, but its the best way to do it with out putting a bunch of air into the system, and i dont care for vacum bleeders either... hope this helps...
By dawg316
#189603 i usualy just take the old fluid out of the master cylinder, with a turkey baster. then go to the furthest wheel from the master and start bleeding. rember never let the master cylinder run out of fluid.

also dosnt matter if u run dot 3 or dot 4. dot 4 is just a lil bit beter so thats what i run