Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By jred
#188006 i was wondering...what 4 piston calipers will work on a eg..besides aftermarket calipers, do honda make 4 piston calipers for any of the later models civics? or type Rs?
By That One Dude
#194486 I'm reasonably sure that Honda has never made a 4 piston caliper for any car available to the public. If that's the case, you would want to find either NSX calipers or Acura Vigor calipers. Both are 2 piston.

Why do you want/need 4 piston calipers in the first place? Just upgrade to Integra brake parts and you'll have an EG that will stop on a dime. If you can afford it or find a set, get the 5 lug ITR swap. Bigger rotors, bigger pistons in the calipers, and more pad surface area than the LS/GSR brake setup. You just have to make sure to get the ITR master cylinder if you get the ITR brake setup. It's a 1" MC, versus the 15/16" of the LS/GSR and the 13/16 of the Civic.
By blk92hb
#194512 not trying to be a post whore but can you use ls/gsr rotors and itr calipers in a combo and what size rim would you need for that combo
By That One Dude
#194691 I think you can use the ITR calipers, but you'd probably have to use the ITR caliper brackets. IF you can use the ITR calipers on the LS/GSR rotors, you can get away with 15" wheels. The 97-98 ITR had 15" wheels IIRC, but I could be mistaken. Might need 16" wheels.
By Graham
#194890 You dont need 5 stud hubs to run big brakes. The best bolt on ones you can get are NSX twinpots, thenLegend twinpots - dunno if you get Legends in the states though..? I had them with 4x100 hubs on my old Civic and they're good, but can understand why you'd want more. You could also get Accord Type R front brakes but they'd be hard for you to get a hold of probably and have 300mm discs so need 16's, the ones i mentioned above fit under 15's. If you want 4 pots or more you'd need an aftermarket setup like Spoon, AP Racing etc etc, although dc5 Brembos are 4 pots, just a hasstle to fit ive heard
By blk92hb
#195109 Would the ls/gsr rotors and itr calipers fit under 15 inch rim or will the ls/gsr rotors and legend calipers fit under 15 inch rim. Because i can get the ls/gsr rotors and the legends calipers
By That One Dude
#195956 The LS/GSR and Legend combo will fit under the 15s. It's kind of a tight fit, but it works and everything clears properly.