Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By akagandy
#185093 Ok hey guys this is my first time posting so here it goes. I have a 94 civic hatchback cx. I did the rear disk brake swap. I changed the whole trailing arm and everything. The swap came off a 2000 si. The issue that I'm having is that lately I feel that my brakes are fading too much and they go all the way to the floor. So I was going to change the prop valve. Should I use a prop valve off a 94 civic si. Can I still use my booster.
By Classiccarsrule85
#185145 nada to the 94 si as thats abs....your cx is non abs much like my car you can use the prop valve from any non abs rear disc civic / integra just cant be a car that has abs as it is a different prop valve.....now your brake fade may be due to a posssible seal leak in the master cyl...do you happen to see any form of leakage on the uttom of it (it would be rusty or paint pealing etc....??

You can use your stock master cyl. but your prop valve id say get a different one (non-abs remember) as it will help better your brakeing but to be honest id also upgrade the master cyl. as well since it should firm up your brakeing a non abs car such as a integra rs should work for you or a 88-91 civic ex.....the 1" brake master cyl will definately be a large improvement over the stock brake master cyl....