Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By 10secdream
#182921 I recently acquired a 95 EG Hatch and I am looking to take it to some lapping days this summer. I was wondering what would be a decent brake upgrade while staying 4 lug.
By 10secdream
#182992 What is the advantage brakes over the stock ones? I am assuming bigger rotors and possible more clamping force?
By egsedanguy
#183185 yup purty much. but intalling the rear is the big plus since only some eg models came with rear disk. over the stock civic front rotors and rear drums, you will have a lager front rotor and bigger caliper with more force and the rear will be a disk witch everyone knows is much better than a drum. plus its all bolt in with no mods. plus you can find a full set with everything for like 350-500$ if you do decide to remeber you need the propotioning valve and the ls integra e-brake cabel. :thumb:
By 10secdream
#183469 I am also debating just throwing a Willwood kit on the front and calling it a day.
By egsedanguy
#183689 you could but then i would sudjest you convert the rear to ls disk. otherwise your gonna have lot of clamp power in the front. i know you want it to be more stoping power in the front but i think to much will cause to much braking power when turning but idk. but ya willwood kits are nice and not to pricey. and you can get as ls rear for like 200bucks
By Fada Blayne
#184802 But wouldn't you have to change the whole rear trailing arm for a drum to disk conversion?