Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By redline8000
#181539 Any ideas how to get the screws out? They stripped out so i drilled them to get an easy out to pull them, even heated them still no luck just wondering ideas? I was going to drill the heads off and try to vice grip them out or try to drill them the same size to run a tap of the same stock size in them, pain in my arse!!!!
By teal_dx
#181580 You have the right idea... Drill the heads down so that you can pull the rotor off.
Then you can grab them with vise grips and turn them out.

Damn rotor screws :x
By redline8000
#182500 So I ended up drilling the heads off, passenger side came out easy after that. Drivers side tore the little nubs off so got a drill bit for the corrosponding tap to re-tap it. When drilled, the old screw threads basically came right out. Re-tapped all the screw holes anyways though. Another win for the human hahahaaaa!!!!
By ChicagoMike
#182501 By far the best tool to use on those screws. Whack that bish with a hammer and those screws pop right out. :thumb:

By redline8000
ChicagoMike wrote:By far the best tool to use on those screws. Whack that bish with a hammer and those screws pop right out. :thumb:

Yea dude i did use one of those and i twisted the bit about 20degrees then it eventualy stripped the screw heads out.
By MG6
#217951 :x going thru this itching situation. Guess I have to screw the head and use a vise grip. It doesn't help when it is 80 degree outside. :roll:
By redline8000
#218124 That also didnt work for me! What I ended up doing was getting the proper tap and coresponding drill bit. I carfully drilled out the center of the screw then tapped it out again, worked awsome! I suggest that before realy wrecking the heads so its easier to drill!!
By MG6
#218147 noted. Will see how rusted the thread is gripping that is ausing it to seize. Wonder if adding anti-seize lub will work or will the rotor heats up the lub and still cause rust to stick in the future?
By MG6
#218927 What a PITA :x finally got the screw out. Here is what I did.

Option one:
* Picked up from local hardware store on extractor tool kit
* went home and went to work
* drilled screw so extractor tool can catch on some grip.
* works for one screw, but guess what... doesn't work for the other (3 - left and right front side).

Option two:
* drilled out the top so brake rotor can be free from the death grip of the screw.
* used a pillar and vice grip to thread out from the end. Took a long time, but it is out.

So now i am wondering, maybe i should have hit the PB at the inside (back) so the PB can works itself into the threads. Since I can use a vice grip to thread it out, maybe it wasn't so bad...

Will try to lub the new screw with anti-seize lub, but wonder if that will burn off overtime. :roll:
By Eg6H2D
ChicagoMike wrote:By far the best tool to use on those screws. Whack that bish with a hammer and those screws pop right out. :thumb:

:thumb: