Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By 93hatcheg
#178573 Ok so every time it hit the brakes in my 93 cx my front brakes or axles or somethibg go click click click click reaally fast untill I let off the brakesm I have tried re adjustibg the wheel abd rotor. Nothin changed..... I just put new axles in it so I don't think they could be bad already they are only a month or 2 oLd. Any body have any iideas on what is could be?

I was thinking maube the brake pads? Or could it be the axles? Let me know what ou
By That One Dude
#178585 Did you tighten the rotor set screws all the way down and tighten them with an impact screwdriver? My '94 Teg made the same noise until I tightened the set screws (don't know how I missed it...).
By stubrun
That One Dude wrote:Did you tighten the rotor set screws all the way down and tighten them with an impact screwdriver? My '94 Teg made the same noise until I tightened the set screws (don't know how I missed it...).
wouldnt the wheel hold the rotor tight on the hub when you torque the wheel nuts on.
By That One Dude
#178590 Not if the set screws aren't fully flush or below the surface of the mating surface of the wheel to the rotor. You'd be torqueing the wheel up against the heads of the screws.
By ikon
#178619 i know many people who just slap the wheel on without the screws...... im not saying its right or safe.

maybe u need a new rotor or to just resurface your current ones. easy fix if so. i guess that would be more of a shake than a click though. :? is it consistent with your speed meaning faster when your going fast and slows down when u decelerate.?
By 93hatcheg
#178803 yea like ikon said if im doing 70 the clicking is fast if i doing 5 the clicking is slow.

also i dont have the set screws so i know my tire is torqued to the claiper.

i was told i didnt need the set screws cause the wheel hold the disk on
By That One Dude
#178807 It's a good idea to have the set screws, IMO. But it's not super crazy important to the max to have them. They were initially put in place to hold the rotors on during the assembly process.

Perhaps you could try putting the set screws in just to rule that possibility out?
By ikon
#178811 i still think its your rotor. its like 35 bucks to have it resurfaced....... thatonedude works at an autoparts store right...... is that a correct amount?
By That One Dude
#178817 Yeah, I work at AutoZone on the weekends. As far as I know, no more AutoZones turn rotors. Napa, and O'Reilly's around my neck of the woods will do it for cheap. Like $10 per rotor. But you'd be better off taking the rotors to Just Brakes or something of the like. More professional than a parts jockey.
By 93hatcheg
#179016 yea my buddy got slotted rotors for 35$ a peice so ill just buy brand new pads and rotors rather than turn them. thanks for the help guys

money is tight right now so sooner or later when i get money il let you know f it fixed the problem
By That One Dude
#179029 Word.