Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By melloball
#172152 Hello people, its been a while. i just was wondering if anyone could help me out with the adjusting of the tension in my handbrake. It barely holds my car from moving at like a 10* angle. I have taken the console off and thought i had tightened what i had to, apperently not. I know the lines are all connected cause that little pin thing on my rear brakes moves when i pull the brake. Thanks to all of you, I searched and couldn't find much. Pictures are always appreciated.
By Classiccarsrule85
#172158 in the middle of the two lines, there is a 12mm nut tube thing turn that tightening it....may tke a bit more than you think but dont tighten it too muchbecause you dont want your ebrake on all the time...

another thing id look at is your rear brakes they may be going or need adjustment there as well....
By dawg316
#172281 pull up on your hand break and see how many clicks you hear. if its around 1-5 ish your handle is adjust and ur rear brakes should be adjusted. if its more then your handle should be adjust then check ur rear breaks. if you have rear drums the shoes should be slighlty dragging on the drum, thats how u know its tight enough