Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By openshot
#169179 Ok I just put my Honda Civic on the road last week and I installed new rear drums and pads in the back 2 weeks ago and last thursday I started to hear a ticing sound when I hit the brakes. It sounds like its from the back on the right side. I only hear this sound when i hit the brake pedel. but i tryed using the ebrake to slow down to see if it makes the ticing sound and it did not make the ticing. what could it be?
By gee-aye-dee
#169236 its prob not your rears if its not doing it when handbrake is pulled check your pads on the front turn the wheels to make it easier to see
By dawg316
#169359 did you rember to adjust your shoes properly when you installed your drums ?
By openshot
#169385 it sounds like its coming from the rear end and we did adjust the rear brakes to how they should go.
By openshot
#170285 i jacked up the civic and looked at the rear brakes i see nothing wrong and nothing is hitting anything. its really starting to bug me and kind of scared to drive it much or even use the brake (good thing for down shifting)
By EG6666
#170469 this problem had happened to me, I've done possibly everything by the book to find the problem but the reason why its causing this click noise is simply the dust and rust shavings that was making these noises, simple get a can of brake cleaner, small flat head screw driver and a metal brush and plug it on your power drill and clean away.