Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By krunch
#161965 hi, just been on e bay seen someone is selling a set of drilled and groved disks and pads (mintex), for a civic esi, i have a lsi he does say should fit all eg series apart from the 1.3 dx for some reason......

any ideas would like to upgrade my brakes mine are good as worn, but cant afford crazy cash!

By Sentry
#162432 Drilled and slotted rotors are a purely cosmetic upgrade, plus they have the tendency to eat pads quickly.

If you want better braking performance on the cheap, get EBC Greenstuff pads and normal cheapo rotors.
By krunch
#162459 fair enough mate, thanks. think ill go ahead and do that then

:thumb:
By the honda guy
Sentry wrote:Drilled and slotted rotors are a purely cosmetic upgrade, plus they have the tendency to eat pads quickly.

If you want better braking performance on the cheap, get EBC Greenstuff pads and normal cheapo rotors.

sentry is half right, cheap shitty ebay slotted rotors are junk, they are made off low grade material and warp easily. They are probably drilled out by some blojob in his garage lol, but if you get good slotted and crossdrilled rotors like from brembo then you will be doing your self a favor. Good rotors from a reputable company like brembo help to disapate heat and keep rotor temps down which aid greatly in braking. So if you want to do a upgrade then save up a couple of bucks and grab a set of brembo's and the ebc pads. It will feel like a day and night difference.
By Graham
#165645 Dunno what that guy on ebays talking about cos theres 3 or 4 different sizes of front brakes depending on what model/ calipers you have

Make sure you measure yours so you know what size to get otherwise they wont fit
By Sentry
the honda guy wrote:
Sentry wrote:Drilled and slotted rotors are a purely cosmetic upgrade, plus they have the tendency to eat pads quickly.

sentry is half right, cheap shitty ebay slotted rotors are junk, they are made off low grade material and warp easily. They are probably drilled out by some blojob in his garage lol, but if you get good slotted and crossdrilled rotors like from brembo then you will be doing your self a favor. Good rotors from a reputable company like brembo help to disapate heat and keep rotor temps down which aid greatly in braking. So if you want to do a upgrade then save up a couple of bucks and grab a set of brembo's and the ebc pads. It will feel like a day and night difference.

The reason they dissipate heat better is because they're much bigger than stock brakes, it has little to do with them being drilled or slotted, although that does have a slight effect due to increased surface area. They also cost a fuck ton, and since he's looking at ebay I suggested just getting cheap blanks with some real pads. :thumb:
By the honda guy
#165704 Bro they disapate heat better because of the slots and holes, them being bigger only helps with pad contact. And the brembo's r only about 170 for the rear and about 200 for the front
By Sentry
#165709 I got pads and rotors for all 4 corners for 86 dollars. They are expensive.

Being bigger has a LOT to do with cooling.