Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By fifthgen
#158571 HELLO EVERY ONE,

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUILDING MY 95 EG CX HB. I AM LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS FOR A BRAKE UPGRADE (FRONT AND REAR) AND MASTER CYLINDER UPGRADE. I WILL BE USING THIS CAR ON THE TRACK (NOT DRAG). I WILL BE USING A SET OF 15" WHEELS WITH "R" COMPOUND TIRES ALONG WITH A SET OF STEEL BRAIDED LINES. I LOOK ON LINE FOR KITS AVAILBLE AND THEY ALL SAY USE 16" WHEEL OR LARGER.

PLEASE HELP.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
By Classiccarsrule85
#158572 ok your best bet is this in order to keep the 4lug set-up id suggest getting a set of gsr front disc brakes as well as a rear disc conversion either from a gsr or ls.....you can use a rs rear disc but ls is easier to find....

use a rs master cyl that way you dont have to make lines for it i mean you can use a ls/gsr master cyl. but they are for abs set-ups so you will need to make new lines to the prop valve.....also could possibly use a 88-91 civic ex brake master cyl.

and upgrade the prop valve you can use a 90-93 teg /or any civic prop valve that had rear disc its a better option intstead of the cx prop valve....

but yea its pretty basic thats what im running on my cx and the front disc swap (GSR) will fit 15" rims nicely and they are able to use that of 14" steelies....so yea hope that helps...
By Greasedmonkey
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:ok your best bet is this in order to keep the 4lug set-up id suggest getting a set of gsr front disc brakes as well as a rear disc conversion either from a gsr or ls.....you can use a rs rear disc but ls is easier to find....

use a rs master cyl that way you dont have to make lines for it i mean you can use a ls/gsr master cyl. but they are for abs set-ups so you will need to make new lines to the prop valve.....also could possibly use a 88-91 civic ex brake master cyl.

and upgrade the prop valve you can use a 90-93 teg /or any civic prop valve that had rear disc its a better option intstead of the cx prop valve....

but yea its pretty basic thats what im running on my cx and the front disc swap (GSR) will fit 15" rims nicely and they are able to use that of 14" steelies....so yea hope that helps...

Thats a great set up! Bigger and better brakes for cheap.

Another option for the BB and MC is the ITR pieces. Bigger booster and master. You will have to slightly bend one line to make it all work, but it is a huge difference in pedal feel.

If you have the money laying around might as well get the ITR 5lug as well. It has bigger front and rear brakes than the other integras.