Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By slammed92EG
#151039 ok so, my brakes suck. lol when u push in the pedal, its firm at first, then slowly goes to the floor, u pump it twice, and its firm again, but will fall.

Now, if im on the highway, say doing 70 for 5 miles, when i get off the highway, my brakes are great, firm pedal, no dropping, etc, as soon as i stop and move again, brake pedal starts falling again.

Now the weirdest issue.

i noticed this while sitting at taco bell, my idle will drop relatively low, say 800 rpms, but if i pump the brakes a few times, My idle will rise to about 1500. if i quit pumping the brakes, the idle will fall again..

What the hell is wrong with my car?
By Apexracing
#151386 first onto your pedal problem. more than likely you have a pressure/fluid leak somwhere in your system make sure to check all lines and the areas around your master/proportional valve, and your calipers and rear brakes. look for any fluid. also if your brakes are solid even when your pedal is low and your not loosing fluid, your brake booster could be shoot. your idle issue is only related due to your brake lights putting a strain on the alternator as our engines are small any load put on the alternator and battery will change engine idle.
By ikon
#151405 had the same problem when i first started autocrossing. would come to a turn at 60 and the breaks would stop working [smilie=BangHead.gif] the pedal would just go to the floor but if i pumped it a few times it would work. turns out i had a bad brake master cylinder and i replaced that and its fine now.
By slammed92EG
#151922 well, im putting a new master in tonight. ill let ya know if it fixes it, if not, im gonna grab a booster next.
By Apexracing
#152039 boosters are expensive new, make sure to check a yard first for a good used one.
By slammed92EG
#152178 master cylinder fixed it. and cleaning the ftiv or whatever valve. lol, fixed the idle issue, thanks guys.
By Apexracing
#152223 awesome congrats.