Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By MG6
#148414 Hi All, want to find out what brand would you recommend. I know steel are steel but just want to see what others are using.

Note:
I do not have the rear convert to disc, they are still stock drums. I don't plan to convert it as I just want to keep them as stock as possible. Yes, even disc is better on changing and etc... i'll just keep them as is.

it is for my 93 hatch DX. thanks
By teal_dx
#148427 I assume you meant braided steel brake lines? I got some off ebay a while ago... Goodrich or something like that.
Yeah drum brakes aren't as pretty as discs but the rear only do something like 10% of the stopping anyways so drums are fine :thumb:
I still have mine... I just hate changing the shoes :x
By MG6
#149534 Thanks for the info. I am second guessing myself if I need this bolt on item. I mean, it will increase my cooling of fluid but for daily driving? ehhh... :?
By Sire
#157846 I had a set from Rotora on mine, worked great! You'll definetly notice improvement in the feel of your brakes and a harder pedal... If you do decide to change lines consider upgrading your fluid aswell! Good luck! :thumb:
By Greasedmonkey
#157890 The steel braided lines will stop the flex you get from the rubber lines. It will give you a more positive feel at the brake pedal. It wont be so spongy.

Wont really cool your fluid.

Russel
Goodridge
Rotora
there are some other good ones too, but I cant remember.
By sneepereg
teal_dx wrote:I assume you meant braided steel brake lines? I got some off ebay a while ago... Goodrich or something like that.
Yeah drum brakes aren't as pretty as discs but the rear only do something like 10% of the stopping anyways so drums are fine :thumb:
I still have mine... I just hate changing the shoes :x

i know thats why i did the swap (i hate drums :x ), i found a set of 4 will rear ones still work even though i have the tegy trailing arms? :?