Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By -EJ1- COUPE
#13592 i've thought about it and id like to hide my proportioning valve and most of the lines i've already hid everything else so id like to do the brakes to... anybody have any input??? teal?? i know you should :D
By teal_dx
#13599 Image

I had found some other pics of other poeple's setups, but not sure where they are now. Some mount the proportioning valve in the middle very bottom of the firewall, on the edge of the transmission tunnel behind the steering rack.

You'll have to buy new brake lines. Parts stores like Autozone, NAPA sell them in certain lengths pre flared with the fitting so you don't have to mess with that. Then you just have to bend them with a tube bender. That is harder than you would think to bend them and make them look good.
By -EJ1- COUPE
#13600 o thank god sick cuz with all the work i already did it would suck to have to leave the brake lines.. where did you run them after in the engine bay?
By teal_dx
#13602 Image
The front right one I ran through another smaller hole on the right side. The rest went back out through the main hole. The original rear lines were able to be bent & re-used. They went to the back in their stock location.
then 2 went to the master cyl and the 1 other one went to the left front brakes.
By -EJ1- COUPE
#13603 ok cool is that your fuel line with the blue fitting on it?
By teal_dx
#13604 Here's an intega (similar to EG):[img]

mounted the prop valve where the SRS ecu was.

and used -AN fittings in the firewall to connect the brake lines to in the engine bay. That's a great way to do it, and also more expensive. [/img]
By -EJ1- COUPE
#13605 i think thats something i might look more towards i have time and will have money i kinda want to try the fittings out :D
By ohDirka
ee8 wrote:why dont you make everything braided? less issues.......

cost man braided is uber expencive
By ee8
D15kid wrote:
ee8 wrote:why dont you make everything braided? less issues.......

cost man braided is uber expencive

mhoa, what is expencive? that is all relative.

I do agree that hard lines are less flexible though.....but for uber clean braided gives you much more freedom to run lines the way you want it....
By ohDirka
#23991 steel braded lines are not cheap...when i was putting together a drag car we used all braded lines and spent like 600 bucks on just lines
By ee8
D15kid wrote:steel braded lines are not cheap...when i was putting together a drag car we used all braded lines and spent like 600 bucks on just lines

regarding the cost I have till now, a couple of hundreds do not matter anymore......

but i am not sure yet what to do.......will see.....
By ohDirka
#24001 if you can afford it, its worth it.
By teal_dx
#24003 yeah the AN fittings is what kills you. But if everything else in your bay is top notch, then what's a few hundred more. The hard lines I bought were about $12 each. I was able to bend the lines going to the rear without kinking them. So 2 for the Master cyl to the prop valve, and 2 from the prop valve to the front. My brake line tuck cost me $50 (but then my car is not a show car either)