Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By Apexracing
#139306 ok im having some issues with my brake pedal action and feel since my swap, i just swapped brakes and traling arms, and added new pads, i still have the stock prop valve and mc/bb. but my pedal is soft and low, but feels fine as the pedal gets fully depressed, the fronts seem to get alot more brake force then the rears. so im asking what can i do to get my brake pedal back where it should be and get my brakes to work as evenly as possible. btw all 4 wheels were properly bleed and there is no air in the system.
By Ajax1989
#139347 well teh front do 80-85% of the braking
adding rear disc dont help that much, it more for looks
then anything.. unless ur pushin like super crazy HP

check for a leak around the BB the paint should be pilling if its leaking,
you prob need a prop vavle for the ex

hope i could help :thumb:
By danomatic93
#139444 Re-Bleed your brakes. Make sure you're doing it from PS rear to DS rear to PS front to DS front. There's likely still air in the lines.
By BLaCkSiLo
#139517 alright,

so i had a handful of issues when i swapped in rear discs ... you pretty much NEED the bigger MC/BB, the 15/16" unit out of a non-ABS integra or a eg civic that came with ABS standard... i swapped in the rear discs and the pedal was low and felt uneasy like holy shit i'm not going to stop because the rear discs use a lot more VOLUME, which the stock unit can't really supply and is doomed to fail eventually.

i also highly recommend the 4040 prop valve, i actually have one that i could sell you too, it puts your brakes back in sync and makes them feel normal. when i swapped in the BB/MC, what a world of difference! like 100% better brakes with an awesome pedal feel :thumb:

let me know if i can help out further...it's not air in the lines, the stock bb/mc is just not up to it
By Apexracing
#139518 any reccomendation on how many times i should pump the pedal, we followed the proper pattern, maybe its air, i hope so.
By Apexracing
#139520 so when i go to the parts store, which car do i order the parts under, lol.
By BLaCkSiLo
#139521 well if you want to buy the parts brand new, you can say you have an ex sedan with ABS, they have the bigger bb/mc and i dunno if you can straight buy the prop valve, i would junkyard/ebay both of the items...at least that's what i did

i bought this same unit from the same people...works great, no leaks:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-Ci ... 2030wt_866

the prop valve
http://cgi.ebay.com/civic-integra-4040- ... 286.c0.m14

hope it helps :?
By Apexracing
#139539 ill order the mc/bb for a ex when i order my new slave clyender, if you have a good 40/40 that will bolt up and you have paypal pm me with details. thanks.