Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By Eg6H2D
#134827 Wouldnt the Master Cylinder loose pressure if it's old, like the brake pedal would go wayyyy down,

And if it's the Brake Booster Getting old The opposite would happen, Get Hard to press the brake pedal down.??...

Here's an ear of advice. When upgrading vital parts like your Brakes, Use Reman. or New parts. Saves the Headache later. Do it right just one time.... :thumb:
Last edited by Eg6H2D on Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Eg6H2D
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:well they slowly lock up so its not like a all of a sudden thing so thats a good thing lol.....

but blead them with my old master cyl on and just got done with a decent trip pedal just feels a bit spungyish so im gonna see if i cant rebleed them tomarrow but they stop its just completely different feel now lol.....went from 15/16ths to a 13/15ths so yea everything works ok now

But quick question when i have my car on i can make the rpms go up to about 2k maybe more by pumping the pedal i know im creating a vaccum but is it normal?

1500-2000 rpm's is normal when pumping your brakes with the car on..
By Ajax1989
EG6b20R wrote:Wouldnt the Master Cylinder loose pressure if it's old, like the brake pedal would go wayyyy down,

And if it's the Brake Booster Getting old The opposite would happen, Get Hard to press the brake pedal down.??...

Here's an ear of advice. When upgrading vital parts like your Brakes, Use Reman. or New parts. Saves the Headache later. Do it right just one time....

the master cyl would only loose pressure if the primary seal is bad..
not to sure about the booster
but if your pedal real hard to press down then you prob have a bad check valve