Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By ikon
#125417 i autox everyweek and i ive noticed lately that once my breaks heat up they tend to not work anymore. the petal will give some tension but when i press hard it goes right to the floor. once the car has cooled the pedal will give me a little more push back but will still hit the floor which sucks cuz then i have no breaks if i have to come to a comlete stop fast. its my daily driver and i need to race friday cuz im in a time attack series. any suggestions as to what the problem could b and how to fix it?
By asianrob
#125427 upgrade your brake fluid to dot 4 or even 5... it should help out...
By JUICE
#125431 i'm havin similar problems.... after driving for a while the pedal starts to get "mooshy" i was think it was was my master starting to go??? :?
By asianrob
alldatJUICE wrote:i'm havin similar problems.... after driving for a while the pedal starts to get "mooshy" i was think it was was my master starting to go??? :?

do you do heavy driving?...

if not... then it might be the master going out. feels spongy i guess
By ikon
#125433 the breaks r stock and i just replaced the pads and flushed the fluid and then drained the system. i doubt its that though. i believe its the brake master cylinder or a leak in the lines that gets worse when the lines r hot and they expand. the whole setup is stock.
By JUICE
#125441 ya mine's all stock as well. i run 1/4 mile on friday nights and do my fair share of "spirited" daily driving.

only does it after driving a while though. and the system is completely bled and leak free. i hope it's the master, that's easy enough.
By ikon
#125450 well if i do replace it i was told i can swap in a gsr cylinder. is this true and how hard is it.
By JUICE
ikon wrote:well if i do replace it i was told i can swap in a gsr cylinder. is this true and how hard is it.

do you have ABS?
By ikon
#125702 its my master cylinder. they arent very expensive but do i have aftermarket options to handle autox conditions. no i dnt have abs.
By JUICE
ikon wrote:its my master cylinder. they arent very expensive but do i have aftermarket options to handle autox conditions. no i dnt have abs.

x2

i know the teggy's is a different part # but will it just bolt up??
By bucopandan
#135677 you mentioned draining and replcing the old brake fluid. there might still be air trapped inside the system. try bleeding the brake system first as just to eliminate this possibility. it wouldn't cost you a cent. :)
By wD21
#140901 I think that the dc2 brake bomb ( I think it's like this ) and impulser will solve the problem. We use that a lot here in Portugal. Cheap mod and really good for braking.
By Ajax1989
asianrob wrote:upgrade your brake fluid to dot 4 or even 5... it should help out...

unless he is racin nacars there is no point to upgrade form dot 3 to
dot 4,5 or even 5.1 will actually mess the brake system up.