Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By 95DohcEG
#123177 So i'm in desperate need of some brakes. I noticed on Passwordjdm.com they front disk conversion for EG's

http://passwordjdm.com/4-x-100-Front-Di ... 5C142.aspx

I searched up and read i might need an integra brake booster but i heard possibly if you have an EX it would still work fine. I'm a little confused just wanted some answers as to what else i would need if i bought this instead of like paying 200 on new rotors and pads to be done.

So far all i know is i need new brake lines.
By egsedanguy
#123195 well i think th ex one will work. but if your going with lager fronts it might be a good thing to get the teg booster. but rather than buying a front i would get the rear disc conversion. also save the money and just look for the teg front and rear set up. i have seen the ls stuff for like 200-250 all day long. or get gsr set up. and for the lines just order a kit of steel braided lines...
By 95DohcEG
#123242 200-250 for both front and back? Where at? lol

I guess getting rear would better considering i already have disc in the front and i'm sure new rotors and pads are fine. Although i'm not really sure of how huge of a difference getting b16 brakes would be.

Thanks for the info though.
By egsedanguy
#123246 unless you track your car often i wouldnt worry about the front. just the rear. are cars are so light ther is really no need for all that. i have seen the setups on craigs list. most the time is the rears with all the stuff to do the swap. but i have come across the front and rears for cheap. and any time you put a bigger brake set up your gonna stop faster. just as long as your front calipers, lines, pads and rotors are good you will be fine. add the rear disc brakes and you will really stop.....
By Greasedmonkey
#123271 There is no need to get that stuff from Passwordjdm.

Go to your local junkyard, or find someone close selling front and rear brakes from a Integra. With these you will need a proportioning valve from a non abs rear disc car. 94-95 RS integra, 92-93 Si hatchback/del sol or an older DA 90-93 integra.

Your booster will still work just fine. As will your master cylinder. It is advised to upgrad at least the MC. You can get one from a 90-91 civic EX sedan. its bigger than your stock one yet still bolt on completely.

You can either use the stock rubber lines from the integra, or get steel braided lines.
By Greasedmonkey
#123277 yep when I post its [/endthread]