Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By rusty_eg3
#6908699 Hey everyone! After converting to rear discs the pedal travel has increased drastically. The guy at the shop said that 3 quarts of fluid were used in the bleeding process so i guess they took all the air out(?)

My car comes stock with 242 mm front brakes, 180 mm rear drums and 13/16 master cylinder, non ABS.

First I've upgraded the front brakes with rebuilt calipers, 262 mm rotors and rebuilt 7/8 MC, all from a Del Sol with rear drums, not sure if it had ABS or not. The pedal was super firm and it would not lock too easily if I slam on the brakes, it was awesome.

Recently I've upgraded to rear discs from another Del Sol, with brand new calipers and everything. Now it seems that the brakes lock up if I panic and slam them plus the problem with the longer pedal travel. It's relatively safe to drive like that but super annoying.

Is this a master cylinder / prop valve issue or do I just need to keep bleeding the brakes lol
By EconoBox
#6908701 Unfortunately you can't just slap a different master cylinder into a Civic/Del Sol the master cylinder needs to have the push rod adjusted to work correctly with your brake booster. Here is the directions for doing that. It does require a special tool. The tool is Honda part number 07JAG-SD40100 its $210.67 list but you can find it online cheaper or take the parts to a Honda dealership and see if a tech could do it for you.

ImageBRAKE MASTER

I would suggest getting the correct proportioning valve though. This will benefit you by properly sending pressure to each caliper.