Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By modmonte
#6907707 hey guys its late and im trying to get a 22 mm sway bar on my 95 civic dx. Ive got ex lca's, dx subframe, and 22 mm sway bar. For some reason it seems as though i do not have clearance to get the bar up to the subframe. When i go to bolt it to subframe i cant get the brackets close and the bar binds on the lca. Is a spacer of some sort needed?
By modmonte
#6907708 Hey guys been tryin to attach some pics but it says the file is too large, even when i attach one. Does any one have any feedback? Could use a hand.
By modmonte
#6907713 I was told it was off of a 94 eg-ex. Looked factory to me. Before i had it powder coated it measured 21.56 mm. I purchased subframe mounting brackets from the dealership (95 ex), 22 mm es poly bushings, and new hardware.

Has anyone had any experience with installing an ex front bar on a dx subframe? Like i said i got ex lca's and thats all it really mentions on all the forums ive read. Thanks for the interest.
By teal_dx
#6907716 I'm not sure of the stock rear civic ex sway bar size (I believe only the 4 dr. EX and hatch Si came with factory rear sway bars - not sure which del sol models had one) but I know it's a lot smaller than 22mm. 22mm is an aftermarket size. Progress makes a 22mm rear bar that was pretty common and came with hardware. If the hardware isn't included, that that could be the problem. Also, are you using a rear subframe brace? Subframe tearout is an issue when putting a rear bar on these cars. I'd recommend the ASR brace over the Beaks brace, as it connects to more points on the subframe.
By modmonte
#6907717 Hey Teal,
I appreciate you reaching out and trying to lend me a hand. This is the bar for the front, the rear is fairly straight forward, with my ASR brace. Wish I could figure out how to reduce my image sizes so I could send a few pics over. I've googled up some images and I'm thinking I may need to fabricate some spacers for the D-Brackets to mount to the DX subframe and allow the bar to clear the front LCA.
By modmonte
#6908395 I appreciate you changing the size. I was able to talk to someone at Suspension Techniques and they were able to confirm I'd need some spaces. They sell them, but only with the entire sway bar package, so I think I'll make my own soon.